Epilogue 1: Time

Aurora's POV

Two weeks after mine and Matt's first date, the details were fresh as when we experienced them. My heart raced faster when I flashed Matt. He couldn't have reacted differently when he told me to wait.

"Let me look at you"

The weight of his eyes warmed more than my cheeks. I was more relaxed than exposed. I shivered from the boarder line desperate instance that flooded his eyes.

"You're beautiful. Not like this, all of you. You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. I never want to take that for granted"

My heart melted.

I cupped my hands around my warm cheeks. What was I staring at? Dan could've sat on my desk, and I wouldn't have noticed. Matt and I kissed, a lot, and each touch made me feel special.

His touch was addictive. The warmth from his hands and mouth spread through my body and woke up a sensitivity in me.

On our date, I wasn't sure what he meant about making me feel good, but I was glad he asked.

Matt hovering over me was a sight, with the sky behind his head and the sun's shadows over his expression. He had the restraint of a nun.

He should give Raine lessons.

"Back to work" I mumbled to the document on my computer screen. Almost done. "Last paragraph. Not my best writing but going to have to be good enough"

I saved the document, printed it out and stuck it in a large yellow envelope with all six completed forms, smiling at the Lisa's House one. "Thanks for the help" I mumbled to Lisa's signature.

Time will tell if avoiding house parties would stop triggering my nightmares, but my past no longer weighed me down. Thankfully, I had no nightmares and zero triggers from being physical with Matt.

A heavy fist pounded my bedroom door. "Aurora?"

"Who is it?" I asked, like I didn't know.

Ignoring it and its owner's existence for two weeks wasn't enough of a hint for him to stop. Dan's voice muffled through the door. "Me"

I rushed to my door like my bedroom was on fire and locked the door. "I'm doing homework"

"Aurora" my door thumped above my head. "Please"

"Leave me alone!" I wished I could push him away. My phone buzzed on my desk, so I abandoned the door and Dan on the other side. I smiled at the text message.

Matt: hi, sweetheart

Aurora: hi you
Aurora: I miss you

"I'm going soft" I mumbled. The knocking on my door disappeared. Thank God.

Matt: wanna come over to study?

Aurora: study what?

Matt: me ;)

"Walked into that one"

Aurora: you can come here? Dan can bother you instead of me

Matt: he's a loser

Aurora: technically, you tied.
Aurora: come over for meatball rolling

Matt: what is that?

Aurora: cooking
Aurora: you can eat however many you make

Matt: on my way.
Matt: but you should forgive him.