Chris

Aurora's POV

"Madison!" I shook her soft hand. "Hi, again"

Dan's previous description of her made sense. She had pale skin, stooped shoulders, eyes focused on the tip of my nose. Her tall, frame was swallowed by a huge sweater, that she paired with grey leggings.

Madison's vibe was the opposite to Dan's, but his goofy smile at her was the approval factor I needed. She wasn't his traditional type, but every girl deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Madison smiled and squeezed my hand. "Aurora"

"We met in the library" I told Dan. He smiled and pointed at the guy standing behind him. Thank you, Dan. Thank fuck, Dan didn't bring Luke. "Chris!"

He waved at me. "Hey!"

Dan looked at me, then smirked. "I brought Chris to keep you company"

What was Dan playing at? Company? Chris was a sophomore. "Lucky you, Chris" I gave Dan a glare. "This isn't hazing, is it?"

He laughed and smiled at me. "No, Aurora"

"Good" I said, climbing back into the passenger seat. "Can we go now?"

"My sister doesn't like parties" Dan explained, before his eyes moved to the backseat.

"Neither do I" Madison smiled at me. "My Dad doesn't let me date, so sorry about this"

"Aurora" Dan pointed to the backseat. "Ass in the back"

That's where the germs were. Better than if he and Madison sit there.

I climbed over the middle console, then fell on to the seat as Dan held the door open for Madison. Chris then slipped into Dan's backseat. A smell of alcohol on his breath, but his eyes weren't glazed over and he seemed in control of his body.

I stuck my head in between the two front seat headrests. "So, this is awkward. How about, instead of Chris and I playing the third wheels, I drop you off and we can go hangout somewhere else? Then you can text me to pick you up?"

Chris let out a breath. I didn't have any idea where to go, but anywhere was better than this date. Dan threw me a grateful look, while Madison blinked at me a few times, before nodding.

"Good. Figure out where you want to go" I sat back on my seat. "You too, Chris"

"Movie?" Dan asked Madison, who nodded and sank into her seat.

My phone buzzed with more Matt teasing.

Matt: you better not be making out with some dude right now

One quick look at Chris indicated that was a definite no.

Aurora: I have to play chauffeur for a bit longer

He then sent me a picture of a doormat. Since that didn't deserve a response, I put my phone back in my pocket, while Dan drove to the movies.

Chris was as still as a statue, he looked out the window and put enough space in between us as possible. When I realised I was listening in on a conversation I didn't care about, I did the same as Chris and stared out the window.

We dropped Dan and Madison off at the movies. While they waited in line, Chris and I swapped seats. His soft sigh meant he agreed with the plan, but I didn't want him to be uncomfortable.

"Listen" I started, turning on the car. "We don't have to go anywhere. I'll take you wherever you want"

"Dan was doing me a favour" he told me. "Leaving the party early"