Brother's Love

Aurora

How did I get here? The closest person I had, the person who made my school days bearable and who was the reason I'd throw up, rubbed my back. "How do you have more puke left?"

Raine gathered my hair. Safe to say, I felt more embarrassed two rounds ago. I drew a shaky breath.

Puking on a stranger? That was so embarrassing! I probably disgust him so much.

I couldn't look the poor guy in the face. I wiped my mouth and choked out. "I told you..seawater makes me sick"

"I'm sorry"

I palmed my knees and stood upright. Weakness slowed my movements and the ground blurred. "You need to sit down"

My stomach lurched again and I eliminated what was left in my stomach. A couple stepped outside the hotdog stand and reconsidered their meal options.

"Ignore them" Raine guided me away from the people. I tried to ignore the chilli dogs, burritos and nacho smells from a food stand. We sat on our towels, until I felt better again.

"Here, rinse your mouth" she handed me a bottle of water. I took a few sips, rinsed my mouth and then spat out the water.

"Very lady like" Dan joked, sitting down by my feet. "I don't know whether to laugh or thank you"

The only positive outcome was that me being sick, distracted him from overreacting.

I hate hockey players.

I scoffed at him. "Not funny. Can you stop threatening to beat people up?"

"I'll happily break anyone's hand that touches you" Dan cupped his hands behind his head. "Especially if it's attached to that asshole"

My phone buzzed on my stomach. It had to be our parents, or Finn.

Raine tipped her head back and laughed. "What the fuck was that? Hi, by the way"

"Raine" He replied and skimmed over her appearance.

Dan's eyes inspected me. "What's wrong?"

I pointed at Raine. "She made me drink seawater while paddle boarding" The words clenched my stomach.

"Paddle boarding? You're too clumsy" Dan tipped his head back and laughed.

"You'll be okay as long as you stay away from those idiots" He looked over my head. "I'm glad I found you. I'm going to a party tonight-"

"Really?" I groaned at him. Parties that Dan went to, weren't a good idea. "Right before the season starts?"

"That's right"

I hated taking his drunk ass home, but lack of sleep was better than his car wrapped around a tree or driven off a cliff. "Once was already tiring"

"There's supposed to be hot girls there" How was that a good reason to go? He smirked at Raine. "Gotta get that in before camp"

"Let me guess" She replied, venom in her voice. "You're gonna be the one to hook up with them?"

Dan shrugged.