Thank You

Aurora's POV

Holy shit, I have a boyfriend. My first one.

And he's hot. Not even his half messed up face, like his purple, swollen eyes tried to suffocate his eye made Matt attractive.

Saturday, I woke up shocked and tired from last night. Seeing Matt couldn't have been better. He asked me to be his girlfriend! It didn't feel real until his varsity jacket over my chair greeted me.

Boyfriend. That would take some getting used to. I hugged my body and shivered. The first time Matt kissed me last night, his lips were soft.

A small shiver trembled down my spine from his arms wrapped around my waist, and his lips on mine. He claimed back what was already his. Matt's mouth, his touch and the feelings behind them captured what we didn't say.

He didn't care about his reputation. He only cared...about me.

The moment I thanked Matt, I knew I'd fallen in love with him. He never led me to not trust him about the stupid game and owning up to his mistakes. He didn't change for me or because of me.

He literally took a punch in the face for me. An unnecessary and stupid punch, but he didn't hit Dan back despite multiple opportunities. In his eyes, I wasn't a side character in Dan's life. Dan's disapproval wouldn't have stopped us either.

The brand new phone on my bedside table buzzed. Dan left it on my pillow with an apology note and my old sim. My stomach fluttered at Matt's message.

Matt: good morning, sweetheart

Aurora: Morning. What should I wear today?

Today, Matt and I celebrated as much as a tie game could be, by going out on our first date. It was a little backwards since I was already his girlfriend and we'd gone to the beach, but I wasn't complaining.

Matt: nothing ;)

"Maybe a little complaint" I smiled at his goofiness.

Aurora: :/
Aurora: I don't think public nudity is a good idea on a first date

Matt: good point
Matt: wear something comfortable, walking shoes.

Comfortable? My jeans and sweater screamed comfortable. After a quick load of laundry, I made the decision to wear my 'Lit Happens' shirt. A big sweater wasn't date attire, but this was my favourite shirt.

Another pinch me moment came over me as I waited on the curb for our cul de sac. Matt came early, with the biggest on his face. His eyes sparkled as he laughed at me climbing into his truck.

His hand found mine before he closed the door. "Ready?"

This was real. To check, I kissed his cheek and squeezed his hand. "Ready. For what, I have no idea"

"It's a surprise"

Twenty minutes later, I wasn't sure about his date location choice. I laughed when we arrived at a steam train that went through Boston redwoods. "Matt, this is for kids!" I was eight the last time I was on this train.

"Just trust me. Miss Hard to impress" he said, rolling his eyes.

We climbed on, the oldest ones on the train except for parents. Matt brought me to the back of the train, where we shared the last bench. I felt a sense of security when a strong arm draped over my shoulders.

I wasn't sure what to expect from Matt, but I hoped our relationship stayed the same. He still texted me irritating comments, except maybe now I smiled more than groaned.