Security Blanket

Aurora's POV

"Describe it to me again" Raine laughed. Her cheeks were bright red and she almost fell off our bench. "This is hilarious"

"Three recalls is embarrassing enough" my cheeks warmed. "I'm just glad no one got hurt"

"I'm sorry" she gasped and played with hair. "As much as I wanted a guy on top of you, I didn't think it'd go like that"

"Raine, he was passed out" I put my hand on my warm forehead.

"He lay on top of you" she smirked and leaned forward. She nudged my shoulder and whispered, "most parts of him still functioned normally. What dildo size did he measure up to?"

Oh my God. Her question was beyond inappropriate. "Raine!"

"Give me on thing" she nudged my arm. "Did he smell nice or reek of fast finishing disappointment?"

Matt's fall happened so fast, with witnesses and being crushed, all I felt was embarrassment. Matt's arms were better at catching me than I was him. He outweighed me by at least a hundred pounds.

Raine was right; parts of him worked. More than the fact he passed out. I felt safe. Raine would tell me I need to get under more guys.

It had been a long week, and those thoughts didn't help.

"Honestly?" I hid the smile by biting my lip. "Yeah. He doesn't wear cologne, but he smells like a fresh shower. One of those scented brands"

I tucked some hair behind my ear and sighed. We sat on a makeshift stage in the middle of the gym.

The book fair was more than I imagined. An impressive amount of organisation transformed the gym into a carnival atmosphere.

I curled my hand around Raine's wrist and dragged her into the first book tent. The lovely smell of hooks tickled my senses.

"You're wearing that look again" Raine smiled. "Is it Samual Butler or Matt Sturniolo?"

"Samual Butler" I groaned, feeling the book cover in my hand. "It was a limited-"

"Not as much as my patience. You need to be a book with smut in it"

"Why?"

"Educational purposes" She scanned my appearance. "You look like a Valentine's snack"

I scanned her outfit. Her low cut blue lace cami, short jacket, tight jeans and shin high boots put her curves on display. Dan drooled over her. "I'm surprised he saw anything but Madison" I shook my head.

Dan being smitten for Madison, disgusted Raine. "I'm surprised we didn't drown over his drool" Raine never blushed, but her pursed lips and cold glare were the ones she reserved for Dan.

"Raine, are you..." the word 'jealous' sat on my tongue.

"Jealous?" She shook her head quickly. "No. I don't like seeing him with girls, especially innocent ones. He thinks he's smooth, but he's an asshole. They don't know that"

I opened my mouth, but she waved her hand. "Enough about him. Are you going to see Matt tonight? Because if anyone breaks your kissing drought, it needs to be whoever brought these out" Raine pointed to my smile, that had been there all week. "You're excited to see him"

I shared most of the details with Raine, but not the part where I fell asleep and cuddled into him.

I didn't share with her or Dan that I had another nightmare. All week, I thought about my dream changing. I couldn't figure it out and I must  be crazy because Matt was in them. Why was it happening again? I wished I could make them stop.