I Knew You Were Trouble

Matt

My hand smacked the back of Nate's head when I saw her.

Long brown hair and brown eyes, she wasn't a usual beach girl who tanned her skin to crisp. Her tiny frame was overlooked, but quiet self assurance was her second skin.

Thanks to the taller girl with blonde hair, mystery girl fell into my arms. Her doe eyes blinked at me and I couldn't look away from her. She was the prettiest girl I'd ever seen. She was small.

Wait a second-

"Oh fuck" she whispered

In one movement, she bent over and puked all over my feet.

Her watery eyes apologised. I was too busy forgetting how to blink and dumbfounded at why I had to know who she was instead of offering help.

I rubbed her back. "Are you okay?"

"As soon as I dig a hole for myself in the sand"

I slipped my free hand into her front pocket. As she wiped her mouth, the redness of her cheeks was adorable. She dropped her eyes and gave me a small smile.

Say something, to make her melt.

"It's okay, honey. I was feeling off today too until you came around"

Dan clenched my shirt again and shoved me back.

I forgot he was here.

"Get the fuck out of here!" He yelled. "If you ever touch her again, I'll rip your hands off your body!"

Her? He knew her?

"What are you doing here?" Dan asked, his eyes darkening.

I exhaled. "Enjoying the sites in our free country. Looks are free"

"Take your guys and get lost"

I rolled my eyes. His fists were tight, his shoulders were up high and his eyes were dark. Not that was any of his business, but I was visiting family.

I stared at the mystery girl. "I'm not leaving without talking to someone first"

"There's no one here for you to talk to"

"Stop!" She got between us, her eyes wide.

Her back to me, she faced Dan with her hands on her hips. Up close, I would've taken a punch in the face from Dan for..

Was she his girlfriend? Maybe she had him on a leash?

Dan kept his glare of me. "Stay away from my sister"

Sister?

That punched me in the gut harder than any of Dan's fists.

I shouldn't have looked at her again. My fingers twitched to touch hers. The question if she was okay, followed by a proposition of whatever the hell time she'd give me.

How are they related? She's half his size. Maybe she's adopted

She couldn't be-