I Like You

Aurora's POV

I sat alone on the hockey's cold metal bleachers. My mind drifted until I thought about a guy I'd barely know for five weeks. And a guy who was my brothers biggest enemy.

"What am I doing?" I mumbled to myself after I tried to read the same page of Pride and Prejudice. The book Matt ruined.

I closed the book and put it in my bag. I leaned against the wall behind me and sighed. All by myself, I was a big loser. The team warmed up, did some drills and disappeared into the locker room. I abandoned my book and went back to thinking about Matt.

How could he do that to my school? And why can't I stop thinking about him? I never thought about a guy this much except for Finn, and I only knew Matt for three weeks.

That's hardly anything. You can't know someone in that space of time....can you?

I almost kissed Matt for dropping the arrogant facade and showing a real version of himself. I probably should've kissed his Mom. That was it. Nothing how his blue eyes looked at me, how warm his arms were...

Stop it, Aurora. You sound like a bad romance novel.

I shook my head, trying to get rid of those thoughts. It didn't help. He was right, I looked forward to his texts. My phone ringing knocked me out of my thoughts, but when Matt stood face to face with him, I couldn't believe he was there.

My heart jumped, and butterflies swarmed my stomach. He was just a guy and one I should never speak to again. My jaw dropped. "And I'm here to see you, sweetheart"

"Matt?" I stared at him, and my lips parted. I was afraid to blink and have him disappear.

"You shouldn't be sitting here alone" Four days of no contact, a prank, and now he was in front of me? "Someone could come take you" while I sat frozen, he smirked.

"Me? You shouldn't be here" I squeaked. A burn tingled in my eyes. How was he two feet from me? He leaned against the wall, crossing one leg over the other.

He was here. Right here.

I didn't know whether to be angry or impressed. A thrill rushed down my spine and I wanted to jump out of my skin.

"Exciting, huh?" His smirk faded into a sweet smile, as he held his hand out to me. "Let's go for a walk"

A walk? He came all the way here for a walk? "You're not going to murder me, are you?" He threw his head back and laughed.

"Kidnap me?" I cringed at the idea

"After what your brother did, I should" He curled his fingers into his palm. I stood, but froze to the spot and looked at his hand. I searched his expression for a sign that this could be a trick, but he was good at pretending. I grabbed my bag, moved past his hand and walked down the steps.

"Where are we going?" I asked over my shoulder when I was outside the rink. We were alone.

"Just for a walk" he reached down and laced his fingers with mine. I pulled my hand to let go, but he gripped me tighter.

"Now who can't keep their hands off who?"

"Can't help it" he said, keeping a hold of my hand. "I missed you" he said quietly. He looked down, and spoke like he admitted it more to himself than to me. "It was a fucked up week"

"I can't tell if you're being honest or not" I looked at him out of the corner of my eye. I wanted to believe him.

"Tell you what" he stopped and looked at me with a serious face. "I promise to never lie to you if you do the same"