The Feels

Matt's POV

Aurora's admission and her hand in mine, affected me more than Dan's threats. She gave me a smile, like she didn't know the invisible leash she had on me. She wasn't ready to give up, even at the expense of ruining her relationship with Dan.

Aurora probably knew my answer, but the 'can I?'  question in her eye was a moment of vulnerability. She had me wrapped around her finger, just like when I first saw her.

She always had me.

For once, Baylen listened to me and kissed Raine. It cost me twenty bucks, but like the rest of the money I spent on bribes, it was worth it. I didn't appreciate Baylen popping pelvic thrusts and taking my picture when we left.

I stood over Aurora, standing or seated, but my hand wrapped around hers. Her hand was soft and perfect in mine, tucked away in my protection. I was in trouble.

She gave my laughing a narrowed eyes look and sat down with a plop. I closed her door with a laugh and climbed into my seat. Crinkled plastic filled the silence from where her fingers fidgeted between the flowers and the present. Her twitches brought my hand on hers.

"You said we shouldn't do this" She frowned at our hand pile. "But here we are"

Did she regret it? "If you want a ride home, I'll give you one" I removed my hand and started the truck. Poor choice of words.

She scoffed and looked at her lap. "You can't give me a present and leave before I open it" by her smile, a sweatshirt was the right choice. I would've written my feelings in the sky if it meant she gave me a second chance.

"You're welcome" I laughed when she put it on. "It looks cute on you, sweetheart"

Goosebumps raised the hairs on my arms, and awareness prickled at the back of my neck. My heart raced more when she looked at me like that.

"What?" I shifted in my seat. "You don't like it?"

"I love it" she whispered. She rolled her lower lip under her teeth. Only her fingers laced with mine kept me from pulling it out.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing" she blushed. "I just really want you to kiss you"

I almost slammed my leg on the brake. Her kissing other guys wasn't lost on me, but it could've been closer to fifty without my intervention.

I needed to kiss her too. I settled for a hand squeeze because her stomach growled. She placed her free hand there and blushed. Of all places, she wanted In-N-Out. Two burgers was enough to hold me over until dinner, but Aurora flashed the most adorable pout when we arrived at our destination.

"You know something?" She asked when I opened the door. "You give me whiplash"

"I do?" I pretended to be innocent and held out my hand. "What do you mean?"

The sunset painted golden highlights on her face and hair. She blushed, and she pulled hair out the back of her sweaters neck. I stood between her feet and offered my hand to help her out, but she pulled me closer.

With slow movements, her hands laced around my neck, and she shifted closer. Sitting in my truck put her six inches taller than me, and she leaned forward. Her fingers tensed in my scalp at my hairline.

I tucked her hair behind her ears. The more I traced her lip with my thumb, the more I needed them pressed against mine.

"You said we shouldn't do this" he repeated

"And you said you really wanted to kiss me" why was I stalling? I was mesmerised by the shape of her lips as they moved and the random freckles on her cheeks. I wanted to know everything about her.