XXXVIII

It has been ten years.

Surely, a lot has happened in all those years that have passed. Though it would have been better if I did nothing during those years and called a retirement. Oh, well. Here's a recap.

Before peace began, the people of the Kaja Kingdom thought that our Kingdom had declared a war against them. Right, not good at all. Kaja Kingdom has magical beasts that help and protect them, with their riders who are capable of using nature and have some great hunting skills, Jairus Kingdom was in big trouble to face such a Kingdom that was frightful and large.

Well, what caused that fight? No other than ME.

That's right. I was the one that brought misfortune to our Kingdom just because I accidentally sneaked into their premises and was considered a threat to them. It brought chaos to my Kingdom, adding problems to my brother and angered my uncle. It was an era of misfortune just because of an 11-year old.

Fast forward. I let myself get captured. Forced in an arena of death, fighting off beasts for a week. Mealli found me. They tried to kidnap my familiar. I caused another scene. Another trial. And peace. Well, the story was pretty long based on what I have experienced, but that's the gist of it. I might tell the full story of my little adventure in the Kaja Kingdom, but for now, back to the present.

I rode Mealli back to camp with a good haul of groceries for the week. I entered the barrier, unveiling what was behind the illusion. Hidden by my barrier was a new village whose people have lived in harmony without the shackles that hold them down. They were the people that my uncle gave home to, and this place has been their haven ever since.

Of course, I helped my uncle build this place. I was the one who created the barrier and also the architectural designs that are based on the houses from the Kaja Kingdom, where there are many hidden houses amongst the branches and sturdy bridges that connect them. Out of all the achievements that I have, this was the one that I was proud of.

"Look, Azazel is back!!" Someone pointed out. As the others looked up to my direction, they cheered for my name as they watched me soar across the village. I waved here and there. Mealli was also happy to see them, her feathers brightening as she greeted them back.

I flew towards the head of the village where I now lived. I jumped off of Mealli and let her fly off to wherever she wanted while I carried my stuff inside—to be greeted by someone inside.

"You're early today."

Sitting by my living room was a man in his sixties, he was wearing a loose white button-up shirt and a pair of shorts—quite a style that an old man would wear as if he was in retirement—he lets himself sprawl on my couch with a drink in hand, his beard wet from all the drinking. He sure has the time of his life. Oh, did I mention that this man is my uncle?

"Isn't that better than me sleeping over with the soldiers in the Kaja Kingdom?" I replied as I made my way to the kitchen. I didn't bother to scold my uncle for the nth time, the old man wouldn't just listen. Maybe it's the age, I don't know.

"Hm, point taken," My uncle snorted.

A lot has really changed ever since I arrived here. Just when I started handling and taking care of the people, my uncle slowly stopped helping and took a break for all those years trying to protect his people. But then, he does deserve a long rest. Though I heard he just started teaching children sword fighting. His days being a General never left his bones, he is still the strongest.

Aside from taking care of the village, I have also started spreading some knowledge and ideas from my old world here. For instance, the current style that my uncle wears: from my world—so as the teenage clothing style. Also the house interiors, I stole it from the design of my old apartment. Everything that I could see in this village would remind me of my old world, except that we lived in trees and used magic for daily living.