XIX

Azazel, Carlos...

     Who are you, really?

.

.

.

"Dad... Where are we going?"

     Carlos yelped when he almost tripped on a random rock though he was still trailing his father's steps. He knew what was going on as today is his birthday, he assumed that his father planned a little surprise for him and he cannot wait to see it. It was a bit strange that his father seemed to be walking at a fast pace, Carlos doesn't even know where they were.

     What's more, his father has been quiet the whole time. Not a word came out of his mouth as soon as they left the house.

     "Dad—" Carlos, who was impatient, tried to call his father again only to meet the latter's cold, empty eyes that made Carlos stop in his tracks, his heart jumped out of fear and surprise.

     "Shut up... you—"

.

.

     "... brat!!"

     My eyes flicker, pulling me back to reality. I frowned when I was standing in the middle of somewhat, a fight. It took me seconds to realize that I was in Azazel's body and is now facing a group of outcasts, holding Marah hostage. My heart felt heavy at the sudden memory, forming a displeased look on my face.

     Just because the leader's words were kind of the same as my past father's words, doesn't mean I get the chance to reminisce about it.

     But that's not important.

     I am sure that some are wondering how we got into this troublesome situation. Let's rewind, shall we?

.

.

"I told you, we cannot go!" I let out a sob, turning to Marah who kept on rambling about going out from the mansion. Just a recap: I was walking down the hall with books in hand to put them back to the library then I met this little one on the way and began to beg me to go out. Plus, she wouldn't give up!

     "Pleaseee!" She pleaded. Oh, don't you dare use that puppy eyes on me! I already mastered holding your adorable expression, nothing can make me follow your requests anymore!

     "No means no, Marah," I replied again, sighing, a hint of annoyance left my mouth. "You know that father is busy with work at the moment, and we cannot go unless there is an adult to come with us."

     "Brother Azel use magic!"

     I frowned, taking a stop on my way and turned to face Marah. I wanted to get angry to stop her but this girl right here has a fragile heart, meaning if I yell even a single word at her, there is a ninety percent chance that she is going to cry.

     And the blame will be on me.

     Marah noticed my pause and pouted. "Please..." She tried again but this time her voice went lower with sadness. The sight of it made my heart ache. It pains me to do this but I have to act tough like a big brother would be supposed to act.

     "I'm so sorry, Marah but I really can't," I gently said, wrenching to keep my books up. I gave her a small nudge and a smile to at least comfort her a bit. "But I promise that we can visit there later until father is done with work and so we can get permission."