XVII

Today is the big day.

     The mansion's gates push open, carriages coming in, the scent of cooked food filled the halls, and a loud knock from my bedroom's door.

     "Young master! It's time for you to wake up!!" I heard Marcus yelled from the other side of the wall. I groaned, turning my back towards the door as I covered my ears with my pillow to cancel the noise. "Five more minutes!" I yelled back.

     "I won't be extending your time of sleep, young master, especially on a very special occasion!"

     His knocks didn't stop along with his complaints and the pillow on my ears didn't help at all. I let out a hiss of frustration as I roll around my bed in hopes that I would just simply disappear right now and take me to a very peaceful place but instead my but was headed to the floor which causes a loud bump.

     "Ow!" Well, good morning to me.

     "Young master?!" Marcus must have heard the bump. He didn't waste a second to barge into my room to see me sitting on the floor while massaging my buttock. I nervously chuckled as soon as the room was filled with silence. "... I fell..." I muttered.

    Marcus sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "And here I am, all worried..." He whispered. He then want towards me and helped me up. "Oh well! Now that you have woken up, let us clean you up. I have the maids deliver your clothes for the party.

     Right. There's a party going to play today.

     I was met with a splash of cold water as soon as I went in the tub. I turned my head to the window to see the clear sky and listen to the visitor's voice from outside. I almost forgot.

     It's the twin's birthday today.

     While the duchess doesn't want me to be in the party, father and my siblings managed to convince her to let me attend with them. Although I was fine being cooped up in my room, I don't like such parties where all I could do is greet, smile, dance and eat.

     Minus the dance part, I'm still not at the age where I am allowed to. Supposedly there's a specific age where you could dance, that is why first dance are special.

     At least I could get myself some good food. Also I have made them a gift, a little payback for the earring they gave.

     I find myself standing in front of a big mirror wearing layers of tops; first layer was just a white shirt, topped with a navy blue vest, partnered it with a black tie and lastly a thick coat. I swear this coat could also be used as winter clothes. I wore a pair of navy blue trousers to match with my top and black leather shoes. They also didn't forget the finishing touch, a brooch that symbolize the family crest.

     I stared at myself at the mirror, finally done dressing myself up with clothes that I am not going to wear again in the future. I heard everyone who helped showered me with praises as I turn in every single angle.

     But you know what was missing in this style?

     I hopped out from my stool and went to my bedside table to pick up a box, the box where the twins put the earring. I picked the accessory with such gentleness and put it on and with a satisfied huff I went back to the stool and finish what the other want to add or check.

     They styled my hair for a bit and put my face some light foundation and I was ready to go.

     "Now, let us escort you to the main hall, young master," Marcus said, smiling down at me as he opened the door.

     I looked up, staring at his expression to which I scoffed. Instead of walking in a straight posture, I let my shoulders slouch and my hands in my pockets. As I did that, I heard Marcus' complaining as he followed me down the hall.