XXXII

I haven't eaten food for days. Ever since I got put in a cell by the duchess.

...

Nah. It was just an exaggeration. It's just been hours since I got arrested for murdering half of my family. No big deal at all.

Though how did I end up here? It's easy.

.

.

.

It was the day after we found out about the sudden death of Arwen and Agatha. With no energy to move my body, I was forced to go to the dining hall to at least eat some breakfast. Marcus gave me a whole lecture when he found out that I was still on my bed, not moving an inch. I told him that it disgusts me to eat food right now ever since I saw their bodies. Just the thought of it makes my stomach churn.

I was also told to call Marah and make her join me but she didn't budge at all. She kept herself all locked up in her room while her maids were just outside, all worried. I'm not going to blame her, we just lost our father and after his funeral, there's another death. I'm sure Marah is having a hard time accepting things. Even I. I couldn't get over their deaths, the memory is still fresh in my mind that is still haunting me. I was lucky enough to get sleep since I talked to Atei. Her too, I also still couldn't get why my reincarnation to this world is such a big deal.

I went to the dining room alone. Victor is still not around, I'm sure he's also working with the incident yesterday. The ceremony of him officially becoming duke will have to be postponed. It was planned to be three days after our father's funeral but in this situation, the matter of the twins comes first before anything else. I'd also like to join in the investigation as possible since I have the truth in my hands, I needed proof to let it out in public.

I'm still thinking of whether I would tell Victor who's the one behind their deaths or I'll solve it first.

On my way to the dining room, as I walked down the hall from Marah's room, I met the duchess who just arrived from downstairs. Just seeing her face in the morning did not make my mood any better, it was the first time for me to think of murdering someone right then and there in the morning. She's the first person I don't want to meet today, knowing that she was behind all of this. I felt like screaming on top of my lungs as our eyes met.

I thought that she would also visit Marah, but instead, she ran towards me and all of a sudden.

I received a slap on the face.

Silence.

Everyone present in the hall was watching us. My face moved to the side when she slapped me, I felt a hard sting on my cheek. I slowly looked up to face her, arranging my bangs that were also swept aside from the slap. I did not flinch nor feel fear at her actions,  I glared back at her with a deep grudge, standing tall as if I was taller than her. The look on my face must have surprised her when she irked at me. I didn't bother and started to massage my face, not avoiding eye contact. I wanted her to burn the image of my father left on my face in her memory.

"You- HOW DARE YOU!" She started to yell. I saw tears rolling down her cheeks as she screamed at me, I didn't react at all. She began to touch my hair, pulling them, shaking my head with such hate, I just let her. She cried and cried in front of me yet I didn't feel anything from her words, everything was just tasteless. It sounded bullshit.

"My children...! They don't deserve this, how could you murder them?!!!" She yelled and yelled, trying to torture me with her claws. I assumed that she got tired when she pushed me off as if she was trying to force me to the ground but instead, I only tumbled backwards. She was about to say more when Marcus came in between us, he pulled me behind him, protecting me. "Your Grace, it is not good for you to waste your energy on this after the Duke's funeral..." He said calmly.