VIII

THIRD-PERSON

Victor is the eldest of the siblings. He has four siblings and one is their half-brother.

At first, Victor really doesn't get him. Azazel was quiet, always reading books or sometimes sleeping in the garden. He finds Azazel as someone who doesn't care about anything as long as he is living. That's Victor's first impression of him.

And to think that his little brother would come up to their father to a deal made Victor change his eyes on him.

He found out that Azazel is special.

"Please take care of your little brother, Victor," Their father said, patting his head like he always used to. "He might look like that but he's a cat when disturbed."

"So I have to look after him from behind?" Victor looked up, blinking. "You said that he has to keep a low profile. If I get close to him, everyone would be suspicious."

"I suppose so." Their father hummed, nodding.

Victor took a deep breath and nodded. "I'll take care of him, father. Don't worry."

Their father beamed and suddenly cried, which surprised Victor. "F-Father?" He called, confused.

"My eldest son is growing up..."

"Father, please don't say disgusting stuff like that..." Victor replied after a moment of silence.

"Why are you so cold to your father..."

"Dear!" His mother appeared, slamming the door open. Victor knew that she heard about Azazel's enrollment in school and she was trying to stop him.

Yeah, on the day before the first day of school.

"What do you mean about him going to school?!" She wailed. Victor was right and that's the time that he has to leave before he could get caught in their fight.

His parents never really get along. There is not a day that they won't fight and mostly it is about Azazel. Victor always wonders why she hates the boy, he didn't even do anything wrong besides just living and learning.

Victor sighed, walking away from the room. He flinched as he saw Azazel standing at the door. His eyes widened at the expression he showed, staring blankly at the door. He didn't even notice Victor walking out.

Victor wanted to say something but he doesn't know what to say to him. Instead, he gave Azazel a gentle pat on the shoulder. "It's almost time for dinner. Let's go," Victor muttered.

"You don't need to do something for me," Azazel replied, sighing as he shrugged off Victor's hand. "It's a normal thing."

Victor stared at his brother in wonder.
"But sure, let's go have dinner. I'm famished!"

Azazel left, leaving Victor standing alone in the hall as he watched Azazel go to the main dining room. How could Azazel be used to this at a very young age?

Victor really doesn't get her brother. Maybe he will never.

But if he tries.

In a flash, morning came and it was the day for Azazel to go to school with Victor.

"Take care of yourselves alright?" Their father said, watching them go.

Azazel ignored their father, as usual, but Victor smiled faintly, nodding. "We're off then, father."

The carriage left with Victor and Azazel in. They could feel the worried look on their father's stare from the mansion.

Azazel scoffed, leaning his chin on the palm of his has as he stared at the window. "What a weird father we have. Did he do that to you on your first day?"