XXVII

"Why does this have to happen?!" A voice echoed down the hall, coming from a certain room. Azazel had happened to just walk by that door as he was about to go out again to escape from the mansion as there was no one to interact with. The boy paused and turned his way to where the noise was.

He then heard a cry, a painful cry that somehow sounded a fraud in his ears. Maybe another ruckus about the duchess again.

Azazel stood for a while, then left with a scoff, seeing the gloomy weather outside of the mansion.

"... It's summer though..."

"Father!"

I stopped on my tracks to see the duchess rushed outside without an umbrella, Victor followed when he saw father walked out of the carriage. I couldn't see his face but as I peeked in closer, my eyer widened to see the state father was in.

He looked pale, he was staggering as he leaned for support. He was held by his men and Victor with the duchess following him. She was in panic to see the look on his face, crying and calling his name as he grunted in pain.

Without even realizing, as soon as I noticed Marcus rushing to father's side, I clutched onto his sleeve, my eyes never leaving father's. "What..." I stuttered. "... Father..." I couldn't even finish a sentence. I don't even know what I am feeling right now.

I know this scene.

And Marah was supposed to be here in my place.

Wait... Marah!

Marcus stared at me, worried as he saw my face. He then pulled me into a hug. "I am sure the duke will be alright, young lord. He must have been tired or from a party..." His voice were confused as he saw my reaction. He doesn't get it. No one would.

Why am I trembling. I have to get Marah here. What about Arwen and Agatha? What should I do? Is it time now? I have changed a lot from this story, why is this scene still in the story? Was it not enough? I have failed. The plan. Where did I put it? Where's Marah? Father... He's... I have to call Marah? She needs to know.

Out of sheer panic, I pushed Marcus away. I stared at him then to father who was now being taken to his room. I took a deep breath before running off before Marcus could even utter a word. I don't even know where I am going but when I came to my senses, I arrived back in my room, to see my siblings waking up from the noise I've caused.

"Father..." I panted. "He's... He's..." Why I cannot say a word?! Work mouth!

Just the way I look right now, they didn't hesitate to rush out from the room to go to father's chambers. As soon as their footsteps faded away, I dropped on the floor as soon as I came in contact with my desk there I hid the papers, of the future.

I was breaking in sweat, panting heavily as I look for the information I needed. My eyes landed on one paragraph I wrote, slowly widening in shock while my heart started to pump faster than it already was.

Age 11, the duke will die due poison. As I remembered, it was incurable as the cure wasn't found in the end. He was deceived by someone... But I forgot whose name.. who was it...?

My hands dropped on my lap, the papers fell on the floor. It has been five years. Five years, and I did nothing but stay a burden, weighing every secret I got to hear and never get to confess. And the fact that I didn't write a single word to make a plan for this scene, meaning that I accept whatever may happen to him.