VI

"So... You can turn yourself into an army of Siren birds to hide and also... Uhh to hunt?"

     The Siren bird nodded at my question.

     Right now, the Siren bird was sitting in front of my bed in its original form while I was sitting on my bed crossed-legged, staring at the bird curiously. We are doing a job interview if I'd like to call it.

     "Interesting... I didn't know that," I muttered. It was never mentioned in the book and the fact that there are also a lot of things in this world that I don't know yet brings shivers to my spine. Meaning there's a lot to deal with but I don't want to deal with them.

     Get it?

     "Anyway!" I changed the topic as I hopped off from my bed. I stretched my arms up before going to my desk. "As much as I don't want to, I have to study more."

     For my survival! If there's Spotify in this story, I'd like to play Survivor from Tomb Raider. Too bad we don't.

     . . .

     Moving on!

     If there are a lot of things that I don't know yet then I have to get to know about them more so I know what to avoid and what do I need. I have to be cautious, especially when I know that I'm gonna die 17 years later. Yippie.

     I snapped his fingers, making the Siren bird burst into hundreds of hummingbirds and fly out from the window. I took a seat and opened my book to read.

     I started with a chapter about magic and spells. Ah, right, this is a fantasy world, I almost forgot despite having a big-ass bird as my familiar. I'm getting used to this world that scares me.

     Come to mention it, I surely remembered that Azazel in the novel has mana and it was the same magic as his father which made him hate himself more. Though it was not mentioned in the story how he awakened his mana, that part has just 2 paragraphs written about it then back to the protagonist.

     Well, what can you expect from a side character?

     But wouldn't that be cool for him to have powers just like Azazel had in the novel?

     Little Azazel walked around the mansion, throwing mana everywhere with his birdie. Imagine that.

     "Ah, Carlos and your little fantasies," I told myself with a chuckle as I lightly slapped myself to get out of my dream.

     As much as I wanted to have cool powers like Azazel in the novel, I think that it won't do good for me. I think it will only just give me attention from the higher-ups since I'm only an outsider in this family and if everyone finds out about my awakening of magic, it might lead me to execution or be locked in a tower until death. Or maybe piles of work.

     As a five-year-old, I don't want that.
     And my main plan in this world is to survive until the death of the real Azazel, I don't care if it changes the plot all I care about is to survive and live in a peaceful place with some of my daddy's treasures.

     Yeah, just you wait, I'm gon' steal those in the future and leave this hell of a house for good.

     So, no magic Carlos... or Azazel! No!

     But what if I need something to protect myself from harm? Like what happened to me in the forest while looking for the Siren Bird.

     Maybe he really-

     "Ah..." My thoughts got cut off as the paper of the page cut the skin of my finger. I let go of the page and stared at the wound that's slowly opened up from the cut, letting out a drop of blood. I hissed in pain as another drop slid out from my cut.