III

"Ah! Here he is! The disgrace child of the family!"

     I rolled my eyes as I heard the dramatic announcement of my lovely stepmother. I also heard of my half-siblings snickering at me. Yeah, just laugh all you want.

     Ah, yes! The mean family, I mocked.

     Before I came into the dining room, I was attacked by my butler and the other servants, who threw me any kind of clothes, and combed my hair making sure that it was neatly styled. It was a nightmare that I will never forget.

     I wonder that is this what Azazel in the book felt every time there his servants attack him to just dress him up. And he had to do it for years. I feel bad for him. He has such a dark childhood.

     "Mother, why is he here?" One of my half-siblings loudly whispered. You didn't have to whisper you know, I can hear you. "Isn't he banned from going here?"

     I shook off the desire of murdering them in their sleep later and just stood straight in front of them, smiling brightly as if I didn't hear what my stepmother said. I'm a good boy, alright.

     At least for now.

     "Good evening my dear family," I sweetly said, cursing in my thoughts as I let the word dear escape from my precious mouth.

     The stepmother was taken aback by what I said. Confused. What, you don't like?

     According to what I remembered, Azazel in the novel was a sweet boy who just closes his mouth shut whenever his half-siblings and his stepmother say something negative about him, pulling his self-esteem low.

     I felt bad for the poor boy getting bullied by his family every time I read a scenario of the family hurting Azazel.

     And since 'God' gave me a second chance to live and as the bullied character of the book he read (Yeah, thanks man), I decided to change my character into someone that is the complete opposite of Azazel in the book.

     Though, I'd like to keep my sweet act. My beauty is a waste without it.

     I didn't wait for them to tell me to sit down and made my way to the head of the table.

     "I heard that father couldn't come and eat here with us," I said as I stood beside the seat where our father was supposed to sit. "Again." Not that I cared though, I just want to make a big impression.

    "What are you doing?" The stepmother frowned, watching me pull the chair out.

     "Well, Stepmom," I scoffed as I sit down on the main chair. "I'm taking a seat."

     My stepmother shot up to her feet, glaring at me as soon as I sat down on my father's seat. "How dare you brat?!" She yelled at the top of her lungs, her voice breaking.

     "My! Stepmother, are you okay?" I asked, his eyes widened. "Your voice sounds like that one chicken at our barn, you shouldn't yell like that, it's bad for your throat!"

      I'm sure that a five-year-old could say stuff like that. Children often sat random things. Including stupid ones.

     I swore I heard someone snort.

    The stepmother glared at me more as her cheeks flushed pink in embarrassment. She was about to open her mouth to yell at me again but I beat her to it. Ha!

     "I'm just worried, mother dearest," I sadly muttered, pouting as I wipe off a fake tear. "Don't yell again or I'll never hear your beautiful voice again."