XXIII

"What happened to Azazel?!" Victor asked as he burst through the door that leads to his brother's chamber. He immediately rushed to Azazel's bed when he saw the paramedics spawning all over him.

"Young Lord, it is better if you stay away from here," one of them said, gently pushing the boy. But then, it was still useless when Victor just walked past him to sit beside his brother.

"Not until I get the answer to my question. I was told that the guards heard my brother screaming from his room during midnight. What had happened to him?" He said with such a command, his eyes never left the man while holding onto Azazel's hand.

Silence. No one dared to argue with the oldest son. They instead continue their work while also answering Victor's question. "It was just as what the guards had said, sir. They heard that Lord Azazel was crying and screaming from his rook and when they came, they saw him collapsing from his bed, gasping. It was a good decision for them to call us sir or else..."

As Victor wanted to ask more, his siblings also came with a panicked look on their faces. He immediately stood up from his seat, hesitant to let go of Azazel's hand but he did just to stop his other siblings from going further. "What are you three doing here?! This isn't just a place for you to just barge in!" He yelled.

"But we heard about Azazel!" Agatha complained. "How come you are allowed when we aren't?! We deserve to see our brother."

"I am the oldest of us siblings and our father appointed me to be the one in charge of the four of you. We have already discussed this, didn't we?" Victor replied, his voice cold.

"Agatha's right, Victor, calm down. We are just as worried as you are. What happened?" Arwen asked, calm and collected though it was visible in his eyes that it was filled with such worry.

"Is Azel going to be okay...?" Marah said, stepping close beside Agatha as she tried to peek behind Victor to see Azazel. Too bad that Azazel was covered by the doctors who are busy treating him. "His sickness must be worse, what are we going to do..?"

"Marah, Azazel is going to be okay..." Agatha reassured, pulling Marah close into a gentle hug. She looks back up to Victor, her soft gaze turned serious as she met her brother in the eyes. "Isn't it, Victor...?"

"Of course." Victor glared back. He then sighed, running his hand across his hair. "If only Father was here..."

"Why, where's father?" Arwen asked.

"He left about five hours ago as he was being sent again to the palace. I swear they always get on my nerves whenever we receive a letter from them just to have tea with the king!" Victor began to grumble, rolling his eyes out of annoyance.

"Wow..." Marah commented.

"Forget about that for now, how about you three accompany our mother for breakfast? I'll be joining you all later after I get to talk with the paramedics," Victor said, sighing again.

Arwen scoffed. "Now you just sound like our father..."

"I don't have time to bicker with you, Arwen. Now go."

The three left with no choice but to leave, giving one last look to their sick brother before closing the door behind them. Victor was left alone again to settle things accordingly as what their father always orders.

He walked back beside Azazel's side who was breathing heavily while being diagnosed by the doctors. Victor never left his side until the treatment was done.

.

.

.

.