XXXIII

The day that I have been waiting has arrived.

As morning came, two guards arrived to take me to court. I wasn't informed that the trial would start in the morning, they found me sleeping soundly on my bed while also drooling which is a complete embarrassment, I'm sure they are thinking about me like, this is the guy who they assumed murdered the half of Sheridan family? Wow, what a lame ass kid, or something. I was forced to rush myself to clean up and left my cell, not giving me time to hide my flustered self and regret everything while also cursing at my siblings who always visits me for not telling me the time of the trial.

I had my wrist cuffed together and they let me out of prison. I never really missed the outside much, I've been walking around outside, escaping from my shackles from time to time, the sunlight didn't seem as new to me at all.

They took me to a carriage and took us to the court, I could see nobles walking in the building, greeting each other, ready to watch the trial unfold. It was only a trial where all the nobles would gather as it is a related situation. This is the first time for me seeing something like this, the tension seemed eerie with a mix of excitement. I could see the glint of their eyes, filled with anticipation as they walked in, they did not dare to hide it from others. I'm not that surprised, it was a case that the youngest son of the Sheridan family was speculated for murdering the Duke and his twin children, what's more interesting is that the youngest son was a child bore from a different woman. What more gossip could they ask for. If I was them, it's a good sip of tea.

The carriage arrived and the guards again led me to somewhere where I would wait until the trial would start. As I was busy thinking of my plan with Victor, the guard's suddenly stopped, pulling me out of my thoughts. I looked up with a confused frown to see a boy, looking like he has the same age as me. He stood straight, looking poised and grand, even his clothing seemed pretty eye-catching, his eyes wore a deep sense of responsibility and his black hair was slicked back. I stared at the boy in confusion who just stood there as if he was waiting for something until it hit me when the guards saluted at the boy.

The crowned prince.

I awkwardly bowed at him when he met my eyes, noticing how I didn't do anything when I saw him. I heard him scoff and started to walk, I'd thought that he would just walk by and left but then he suddenly approached me. He stood in front of me, looking down. "Rise, criminal," he muttered. Ouch. He already called me one when I haven't proved anything yet. I already know that he hates me.

I followed and lifted my body up. I met his eyes again, it was as black as his hair. His aura fits his royal last name, Jairus, which means God enlightens. He does look a bit enlightened by a god. I stared at the prince too much that I was almost lost in thought when he suddenly spoke again. "Azazel, right?" He asked. I nodded as a response, "Yes, Your Highness."

"Do you know that the name Azazel was from a demon who's name was also Azazel?" And there goes the question as expected.

I almost rolled my eyes but I held it in and just nodded nonchalantly. "My mother named me, Your Highness," I replied, I held my hands up, the cuffs made a sound, echoing in the hall. How eerie the sound is. "But, with all due respect, is there something wrong with my name, sire?" I asked back, earning a frown from the prince, raising a brow at me. It was obvious that he was examining me, judging me deeply with those eyes, looking down at me, but I didn't falter. Hah, you're just a side character, sorry not sorry!

"No," the prince scoffed, putting a hand over his mouth. "It's just how you were named after that demon and then here you are, all in chains, and being seen as one..." He took off his hand, showing his smile. "... A demon." His eyes glinted down at me and I didn't avoid his gaze, looking back up with the same threatening look to level him. I'm not scared, mister. If anyone, I think you should be scared.