I

"Carlos Naveen!"

Joy and excitement surged inside of Carlos's heart as he heard his name from the teacher. He stood straight, tidying his graduation gown before walking towards the stairs where his precious diploma is waiting.

"Congratulations, Mr. Naveen," The teacher congratulated him with a proud smile.

Carlos smiled back as he bowed. "Thank you, sir. Thank you."

The two smiled at the camera before moving on to the next com laude.

Carlos went back to his seat, getting some congratulations on the way as he started at the diploma that has his name on it.

After this, I can finally have a decent job! He celebrated in his mind.

The graduation ended in a flash. Some of the students went home to celebrate, some of them are still taking pictures and some of them are staying for the last time.

Carlos took a minute to stare at the empty field at the center of the school and let out a sigh. "Goodbye, hell," He said happily before turning his back.

He felt his phone vibrate, telling him that his Uber has arrived. He immediately ran outside of the school and move out from that hell of a school that was giving him a hard time.

As he finally got out of the gates of the school, he got stopped by one of his friends.

"Going home early?"

Carlos gulped. Do I have to deal with them? He thought, annoyed.

"Hey... Mark..." He said, showing a forced smile. "Congratulations on your graduation, I wanted to spend time with you guys but, I really have to go now."

Carlos tried to walk away but he got stopped again when Mark held him by the back of his gown.

He chuckled nervously. "Look, Mark, I don't want to cause trouble, especially on the day of our graduation."

"If you didn't try to run away from us then you would've saved your life," One of Mark's goons snickered.

"Oh, man..." Carlos groaned, scratching his nape. "I don't want to cause trouble guys. Can you just leave me alone for today? I have a lot of stuff to do."

"What if we say no?" Mark raised a brow.

"You leave me no choice then..."

Carlos dropped down the floor, swiftly taking off his black gown. And stood back up to face Mark who is surprised how Carlos suddenly got out of his gown.

By the time Mark faced back Carlos after throwing the gown from his hands, he was met by a hard kick on the face, causing him to tumble the floor.

"You asked for it," Carlos said with a shrug. "I don't need to apologize for that right?"

"Why you!!" One of Mark's buddies came up to Carlos with a fist, trying to hit Carlos.

Carlos noticed the boy and easily dodged it, stepping aside to avoid his fist. He held the boy's fist and dragged him away.

"What the?!" The remaining one stood there in shock. His friends were easily defeated by this lowly nerd. He looked up to stare at Carlos who is waiting for him to move.

Like a predator waiting for its prey to take the bait.

"W-What are you starting at?!!" The boy yelled, raising his fist in defense.
As Carlos was about to say something, he was held by the boy who tried to hit him earlier.