XI

It's the weekend. And you know what that means!

     More time to sleep! And a whole day of free time and rest! Also petting my familiar Mealli!

     Is what I wanted to say first thing in the morning...

     Thanks to my teacher here, I was forced to wake up early in the morning to hunt. Again.

     I sighed for the nth time, watching Marcus' back as I followed behind him, sword and bow ready. I mentally cursed myself for forgetting that today is a training to hunt day. I almost got worked up yesterday, thinking that I got all the time to myself.

     It was quite sunny today, but it's not that hot. It's a perfect morning to get myself a cup of coffee at Starbucks, no thanks to my reincarnation and child body, I can't. Well, at least I got my butt out of my bed and enjoy nature before everything will get bloody from the hunt.

     Marcus keeps telling me this always every time we were out on a hunt. Be always cautious of your surroundings, be the place, the tension, the air, breathe the same as your opponent or target, and never ever get distracted. Every location with an opponent or prey is a battlefield, no matter how weak or easy they are.

     Never underestimate a fight with a life on the line.

     Quite deep, but repetitive. But that's what I like. Maybe Marcus wanted it to sink deep into my heart until it became a part of me. And it did. It did sink deep. Deeper than the titanic.

     Cue My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion.

     "There's nothing around, huh..." Marcus muttered, sighing. Oh, now he sighed. Earlier you were happy to go on a hunt with me. "I heard from the Duke that there's been a huge hunt in the forest these days. I didn't think it would be this large."

     "Never heard a hunter going around hunting monsters though," I said with a shrug as I cut a branch out of my way. I then grinned when an idea came to mind. "Then, can we go home early?" I asked with hope.

     "How about we go around and if there's nothing, then we'll continue your training with me?" Marcus suggested. I can see that smile on his face as he said that. Scary.

     "I regretted what I said..." I purposely said out loud, sighing again.

     As Marcus planned, we walked around the forest and hunted some prey. Yeah, we did find some but not those monsters that we usually go to kill. The forest seemed clean. And it's weird. With walking and hunting, it took us three hours before taking a short water break.

     I also got to ask Marcus about my skills and how to improve while doing a bit of stretching and swinging. But then our small break became a bit boring and there was nothing to hunt yet, so I decided to take Mealli for a walk. She's been stuck in the mansion for a while, she might need some nature and sunlight.

     "Don't go too far, Mealli, I'm too lazy to look for you..." I said as I yawn. Though I could just summon her. But this birdie here doesn't want to get summoned when she's having a great time and I don't know how she's having fun when I can't see her. So here we are! Happily walking together (she's flying though).

     Mealli just huffed and flew branch by branch, she waited for me for a second before flying off to make sure I was still close. I was kind of lost in thought, following Mealli, wondering about stuff. Nothing but just random me stuff.

     I then suddenly realized that Mealli and I got far away from Marcus. I was about to call Mealli back but then I saw a black figure meters away from me. I immediately hid behind the bushes, hands on the hilt of my sword with caution. I peeked to see if they were still standing there.