XXXVII

Wines. Chattering. Dancing.

It was a normal evening in the Kingdom of Jairus, celebrating the lovely lady from the House of Elrod for her 22nd birthday. Just like any other year, the lady herself is always being showered with compliments and gifts and always being hovered around by many other men despite her being engaged by one of the most powerful men in the Kingdom. Men doesn't really understand what being engaged really means, and so they gather around Charlotte like flies attracted to the light.

People from well-known families came for the party, not only just to celebrate Charlotte's birthday but to also gain some good points from the duke, her father, the Duke of the North. As unfortunately, they couldn't get ahold of the Duke of the East.

Who is exactly the Duke of the East. And what makes him to be only of the most powerful man in the Kingdom?

"Charlotte."

Charlotte felt her heart leap at the mention of her name , hearing the most familiar and soft voice from behind her. She immediately turned her head to where the voice was to see a man with the most eye-catching ginger hair that was combed back, allowing his well-known emerald eyes to be his main jewelry for the night. What Charlotte cannot help but admire are not only his eyes, but also the way he is dressed for this special occasion.

Her dear fiancé. Victor Eugene Sheridan, the Duke of the House of Sheridan.

"Would you please excuse me..." Charlotte announced to her guests before she left for her man. As she stood in front of Victor, her hands made their way naturally on his chest. "Hello, darling," She sweetly greeted, pressing a light peck on Victor's cheek. "Is something the matter?"

"Just... I was wondering what would you like to do after your party," Victor replied with a low hum. He looked down at Charlotte with the softness in his eyes. "You usually would invite me out on a short meeting as you would end the party early." His hand reached for Charlotte's hand and gently caresses it. "Is there anything in your mind that would you like to do?"

Charlotte showed a playful smile, her hand relaxed in his. "I don't know... do you have one in mind?" Her eyes glinted with such amusement. Victor could only let out a low grunt. "You know I hate it when you tease me like that..." He commented. "Whenever I suggest something, it would end up differently than what I have planned..."

Charlotte laughed. "I mean, you put too much effort in this relationship," She confessed. "Sometimes, it's better to just dance everything all out than to put such grand things just to impress me."

Victor stared at Charlotte for a moment, there was a moment of hesitation before Victor suddenly tugged on Charlotte's hand, surprising the latter. "Then," Victor started. "Would I be given the pleasure to dance with you?"

Charlotte's eyes widened as she lets herself get taken by her fiancé to the center. Though she didn't bother to fight and lets herself laugh at the situation.

"The pleasure is all mine."

The two walked into the middle, joining the others to dance. Victor held Charlotte with such gentleness and led her body slowly with his grip. The somehow repeated and old dance became something magical to Charlotte, just like any other dance that she had with him. It was as if she was out of a fairy tale book and she was the princess that is being dance by the love of her life, the prince.

What a lovely fantasy.

"My, what a lovely couple."

"I wonder when they will held the wedding?"

"I mean I has been five years since they have declared their marriage, why the long wait?"

"But isn't the Duke too busy to work on that given this year's situation?"