The Spiritual Peregrination

Part I

Part I

The birds chirped in the trees while the bunnies hopped around in the undergrowth. The scent of Spring was in the air, and the healer couldn't wait for it. Winter had left the scent of death in its wake, dead trees, dead grass, it was truly a dead winter. 

"You need to focus." 

"I am focusing." 

"Not hard enough." 

The healer opened her eyes and pouted at her lover, "Sypha, you have been doing this for years. It is not that simple to the uninitiated."

The Speaker was attempting to teach her the power of lighting, it was a skill she had improved upon during her time with Trevor.  

Sypha chuckled, "It's been two months, honey. That's enough for a spark."  

The young woman huffed before standing up, muttering. "Easier said than done."

They had been at this for hours and she couldn't even draw a spark to her fingers. She couldn't understand it, she had been able to grasp the abilities that Sypha had shown her, what made this so different.

"Well, I did it in a month," she reached her hands up to be pulled by the healer. 

"You are a prodigy, a mastermind," Y/N teased before a mock look of surprise on her face, "I am surprised you did not learn it in a day." 

"Oh shush," Sypha laughed lightly pushing her.

The couple laughed together before the sound slowly dissipated. Y/N smiled at the woman before her, she was a treasure in her eyes. Sky eyes and light freckles adorned the woman's face and the healer was so happy to have ever met her. 

"What are you looking at?" the Speaker gave her beloved a coy smile. 

The healer stared at her partner earnestly, "The prettiest woman in the world."

"Kiss me?"

"Of course." 

Y/N leaned in and pressed her lips against Sypha's. The pounding of her heart served as rhythm for their kiss. The couple was always engaged in a dance for dominance between them and the healer always tended to win, not that the speaker minded. 

The two parted with harsh puffs of breath expelling from their lips. 

"Do you wanna take this upstairs?" 

The healer frowned, "I need to do some research."  

"Research for what?" the Speaker asked. 

"Hector and I have been researching Carmilla's whereabouts. We are so close to getting my humanity back," the young woman explained with a lightning smile. 

For weeks she and Hector had been using their combined knowledge to track down Carmilla's whereabouts. Blood was become harder to resist and she knew she didn't have long until her humanity would wilt.