Chapter Five

"This is interesting," Y/N spoke aloud to herself as she admired the walls of the catacombs

"This is interesting," Y/N spoke aloud to herself as she admired the walls of the catacombs. They held a sort of oil-filled lamp. 

Trevor narrowed his eyes, "This has Dracula written all over it."

She looked at him in surprise, "What makes you say that?"

"Look at it," he wiped his finger on the wall as he stared at the strange lamp, "This is powered by something."

"I-"

The floor cracked beneath them before giving away. Trevor landed on his feet and managed to catch her.

He smirked, "Just like a caaAT!" They both fell through another level, this time on the hard concrete. 

Y/N stood up and rubbed her lower back, "Ow."

Trevor cursed under his breath and rose up, "Luckily you had a cushion to break your fall." 

"Unfortunately, my cushion has quite the mouth on him," she looked around the dimly light pit that housed various statues, "Where are we?" 

"I'm not sure," Trevor grimaced as he rolled his shoulder, "But I think we found our Speaker." 

She followed his gaze and looked at the statue that seemed to be dressed in Speaker garbs, "Now how did that happen?"

A cyclops barged into the room and Y/N quickly jumped behind one of the large stone pillars. 

Trevor took out his whip, "Of course, it had to be a cyclops."

Y/N once again watched as Trevor showed off his wonderous fighting skills. She thought about where he was from and how he learned to fight. 

If they somehow ended up traveling together maybe he could teach her a thing or two.

Before she knew it the cyclops was a heap on the stone floor.

Y/N stopped peering behind the pillar and moved to stand next to Trevor, "That was impressive," she looked down at the dead cyclops, "I wonder what it was doing down here."

She walked over to a beautifully crafted sculpture.

"It was protecting something," he looked around, "I just don't know what."

Y/N's eyes widened when the sculpture suddenly toppled over to her, she swiftly caught the statue and watched as it transformed into a beautiful young woman.

They looked at each other briefly before the woman suddenly stood up and darted away from her. The woman bent over and started vomiting.

After a moment the Speaker stopped and wiped her mouth, the woman peered over at her and Trevor, "What are you two doing here?"

"Your grandfather sent us to come to find you," she explained.

The Speaker turned to look at Trevor. She narrowed her eyes, "Did you climb on me?"