The Inner Peregrination II

Part II

Part II

The morning sunshine rained down on the four as they stood on the outskirts of their village. 

A few villagers who were about to go to the neighboring village had spotted a horde of creatures. They decided to turn tail and go back to the Belmont village warning everyone. 

With the villagers sealed safely in the Belmont Hold she could only hope that the creatures wouldn't wreak havoc on the town. 

"Get ready," Sypha warned the rest of the group, "They're getting closer." 

Trevor tightened his hold on his whip, Alucard drew his sword, Sypha charged her attack, and the healer unsheathed her dagger. 

As the creatures got closer it was easier to analyze them, they didn't look like vampires but rather night creatures.

Had a new forgemaster risen to power? Or was it the other forgemaster who was working with Dracula, Isaac?

A dim blue glow greeted her. 

She held up her hand to stop the others from attacking, "Wait!" 

"What is it?" Sypha looked over at her. 

"Those night creatures they look like... Hector's," she whispered. 

"Hector?" Alucard questioned with a deep frown, not at all hiding his disdain for the forgemaster. "I thought you left him in Braila." 

The healer watched as the horde approached them, "I thought I did too." 

"Honey, we can't rule out the fact that the creatures might belong to someone else," Sypha frowned at her with squinted eyes, obviously trying to appeal to her senses. 

Trevor nodded with hardened eyes as he stared at the approaching creatures, "It could be anyone, love." 

"Okay," she nodded and steadied her grip on her dagger, "Let's keep up our guard then.

The group walked over to the creatures with their weapons drawn.

"Peaccce," the beast croaked out in a deep guttural voice.

All of the group, except the healer, shared looks akin to shock. 

It had spoken and with the promise of peace. 

The healer, however, was not surprised. Night creatures talked, not all of them but she knew it was possible. 

Y/N stepped up out of the four, "Who is your master?" 

"Hectorrrrr," the creature growled.

Her eyes widened and she glanced back at her group before turning her attention back to the beast, "Take me to him." 

She followed the night creature toward the horde. Tens of night creatures surrounded a figure. She couldn't see who it was past their large bodies but she could assume that it was Hector. The group opened up as she walked closer to them.