Chapter One

The windows were wide open allowing the spring breeze to fill the quaint home

The windows were wide open allowing the spring breeze to fill the quaint home. The smell of a berry-filled pie wafted through the cabin, tickling the nose of the single occupant. 

The young woman shuffled around the silent cabin with a frown on her face. 

She walked over to one of the windows and reached through it, wiggling her fingers when they touched the sunlight. She drew her hand back to her person and walked over to the wood stove that was in the corner of the cabin. 

She filled a cup with water and doused the flames before grabbing a thick clothe and pulling the pie out of the oven. She swiftly put the pie on the window seal before leaving the cabin. 

The young woman took a deep breath and took in her surroundings. The cabin was located in an open field, preventing villagers from sneaking up on them... well her now. 

She liked living in the open field, yes it made her more vulnerable but she couldn't stand how isolated the woods made her feel. 

How trapped. 

She closed her eyes when an especially strong gust of wind caressed her face. It was pleasant and carried the smells of grass and flowers. 

When she opened her eyes she was greeted with an unexpected sight.

"Dracula?" she furrowed her brows.

He gave her a slight nod, "Y/N." 

She glanced in the direction of the sun to see it slowly going down, "I didn't realize how late it was getting," she looked at Dracula, "Why are you here?" 

She hadn't seen him since he had taken Hector to his castle. 

Hector had been mesmerized by Dracula and wanted to help him achieve his goals, with a few modifications of course. The forgemaster didn't want humans to be killed, he preferred them to be livestock. 

The young woman thought of Hector as foolish and blinded by rage. 

"I wanted to talk to you."

She crossed her arms and glared at him, "I don't want to be a part of your revenge. Humans are silly creatures but there are innocent ones amongst them. So if you're plan was to try and woo me then you must pick another topic." 

"I understand," he said simply. She expected him to leave however, he walked past her and into her home, "Let's talk about something else then."

🧭

Y/N smiled as she read the book Dracula had given her. He had been visiting her periodically for a month and always came with a new book for her to read.

She had asked him about the particular book she was looking for but he told her he couldn't find it. He however did mention that the upsidedown triangle could represent several things, unfortunately, he wouldn't know for certain unless he found the book.