Chapter Twenty-Four

The young woman squinted her eyes at the darkness in front of her

"Trevor?" she called out to the inky darkness, "Is that you?" 

A scream broke through her throat at the feeling of being yanked backward. She tried to grasp onto the forest floor but couldn't find anything to grip.

She reached behind and scratched at the offending arm, "Let me go!" 

Suddenly a chilly feeling washed over her and send shivers down her spine. She felt like she had been doused with a bucket of cold water. 

The view of the dark forest had quickly morphed into the reflection of her face. Her wide terror-filled eyes stared back at her. The area around her changed from a dark forest to a posh room with shiny floors and thick curtains. The room was unfamiliar to her yet carried the charm of a certain castle.

Y/N swiftly turned around to discover who had been her abductor.

"Alucard?" she furrowed her brows at his blood-stained hands and the specks of blood that littered his face, "What--"

The dhampir wrapped her in his arms and pulled her into a firm embrace. Any words she had died on her tongue at the sound of his quiet sniffles and whimpers. 

She took a deep breath before drawing up her arms and wrapping them around Alucard. He slowly leaned his weight onto her, it was barely noticeable at first but after a few minutes her legs buckled and the two fell to the ground. 

Quiet sobs wracked his body and all she could do was rub small circles onto his back. 

What has spooked you so, Alucard?

🧭

"She simply disappeared?" The Speaker looked at her companion with a deep frown on her face, "Without a trace?"

She couldn't believe what she was hearing. Y/N had seemingly disappeared into thin air.

The hunter nodded, "I heard her scream, and when I turned to find her she was gone." 

Sypha crossed her arms, "FInd her? Weren't the both of you walking together?"

"We were and then we weren't," he muttered before averting his gaze. 

She narrowed her eyes at him, "What is that supposed to mean, Trevor?"

"Exactly as I said, Sypha," he stared back at her. 

The Speaker clenched her fist at her companion's dead-end answers. Why couldn't he give her a straight answer? 

Y/N was missing and there was nothing she could do. The healer had only returned to them hours prior. She just got her back.