Chapter Fourteen

Bitter cold and harsh winds whipped around the woman and her soldiers

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Bitter cold and harsh winds whipped around the woman and her soldiers. The miles upon miles of ground she had to walk endorsed her barely contained anger. She wasn't tired from the excursion, not at all, but she did find the entire ordeal a nuisance. 

She wasn't able to take Dracula's castle for her own and that was only one of the things that rubbed her the wrong way. 

At least she managed to get a Forgemaster, a valuable asset despite the trouble it brought.

"Agghh!" 

She could do without the sound of it groaning, however. 

"Quiet, puppy," she hissed at the human. A part of her was beginning to question whether or not taking the forgemaster was worth it. She had to wash it and feed it at the very least and she never was a pet person.  

A large grandiose castle came into her view along with the sight of some women in the distance. 

A small smile came upon her face, her sisters. The only thing that brought her a bit of joy in this pitiful world. 

"Well it's been quite a month," Striga, a tall pale woman with unruly long black hair and strong features, greeted her.

Lenore, a woman with pale skin and soft features, nodded, "Yes, we'd almost given up hope."

The vampire scowled, "Thirty days, Lenore! We were lucky to be marching for eight hours a night." 

"Why march?" Striga tilted her head, "You were given horses for a reason." 

The crease between the woman's eyes deepened, "Well, you didn't give me immortal horses of death did you?" she huffed and crossed her arms, "They were dead within the first week. Eight hundred miles and every inch of it infested with bastards."  

"I'm sorry," Lenore frowned. 

"There is not one person from here to Braila that I don't want to murder," she released another groan and massaged her forehead. 

"So what do you want to do first, Carmilla?" 

Carmilla's shoulders sagged and she closed her eyes, "I want to soak in the tub for at least a day and then I will need a cartographer sent to my room," her eyes opened and a wicked smile decorated her crimson lips, "I have a plan." 

"Oh, yes," Lenore grinned and clasped her hands together. 

"Oh and Striga could you take that to a cell and throw it food once a day," her nose curled up in disgust, "also throw a bucket of cold water on it, it smells." 

"What is it?" Striga stared at the battered human. 

"An annoying whining thing that I would have rather left in a ditch somewhere," she sighed, "but it is a forgemaster and I need it for my plan." 

"If that all of the pressing matters out of the way, I say that it's overdue that we give you a proper welcome." 

🧭