The Inner Peregrination

Part I

Part I

A sharp whistle cut through the air. 

"You're fast," the young woman smirked at her companion. 

The hunter chuckled, "Have to be in this line of work."

The healer hastily dodged the incoming attack before countering with a slash of her own, "Glad to see that you're healing well."

Thud!

Their swords clashed together pulling them into a stalemate. 

The two stared at each other with a spark in their eyes, "Are you ready to give up?" she smiled at him. 

He rolled his eyes before using his sword to push her off him, "In your dreams." 

Her eyes glinted at his cocky tone, "I doubt it." 

In a swift move, she used her wooden sword to sweep the hunter's feet from under him. In an instant, her thighs bracketed his waist and her hands pinned his wrists above his head. 

An arrogant smirk decorated her face as she leaned closer to him, "I win." 

Trevor struggled underneath her before rolling his eyes. "It seems you have. Stupid vampire strength," he muttered the last part under his breath.  

She laughed before a fond, nearly nostalgic, smile covered her face, "I missed this." 

He quirked a brow, "Sparring?"

A pleased look covered her face, "Pinning you." 

"Oh." 

The healer leaned down and pressed a soft kiss on her lover's lips. 

Through her fingers on his wrist, she could feel the strong thumping of his pulse, the speed increasing by the second with each press of their lips.

The beating of his heart tempted her but she knew she couldn't indulge. 

Not if she wanted to keep her humanity. 

Yet her fangs ached at the thought of sinking into her human lover, to taste him and reach a level of closeness scant would ever have with him. 

"We don't know what to do!" A feminine voice yelled. "Our safety is in jeopardy." 

Another woman spoke in a calm voice, the complete opposite of the other woman, "What Terena is trying to say is that we need your help. Rumors are circling about a dangerous entity or sorcerer wreaking havoc on nearby towns."

Y/N pulled away from the kiss and relinquished Trevor from her grip before sitting up on her haunches. Trevor followed her lead by sitting up, he peppered light kisses on the side of her cheek and down her jaw, "What's wrong?" 

"I hear them talking about someone or something wreaking havoc on nearby towns," she hummed at the feeling of his kisses descending on her neck, "We should go back inside with the others and see who this mysterious person is."