Chapter Twenty-Six

"Are you sure you don't want me coming with you?"

She shook her head with a small smile, "I'm going to be fine, Alucard."

He sighed and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer in an intimate embrace. "I know you are a capable warrior but I can't help but worry."

The healer understood the dhampir's plight, but she couldn't give Hector up. At the very least she wanted to know if her dear friend was still alive.

"Hopefully I'll be back before you know it," she pressed a soft kiss onto his lips.

Butterflies erupted in her stomach as his hand held the back of her head and pulled her into a deeper kiss. He kissed like waves crashing against rocks, fierce and explosive. His fingers drifted over her back and her lower waist.

She slowly pulled away from the sincere kiss before gifting him a soft peck.

The kiss was over too soon. Before anything could truly begin and maybe that was for the best. If she gave in to the black hole of his passion she knew that Hector would rot wherever he found himself.

"I must be off," she looked away from his quickly dulling eyes and adjusted the strap of her bag, "I do not want to lose the aid of the sun, especially since I'll be in the presence of vampires."

"...I'll set the mirror."

She watched as Alucard stood in front of the floating shards and assembled them into a mirror with merely his presence. Instantly the image of a large intricate castle came into view.

Y/N walked over to the dhampir to get a better look at the mirror, "Can you get me inside?"

He furrowed his brows, "I'm trying to but it seems as if they have protection against transport mirrors."

She nodded slowly with a deep frown.

Every time she took a step forward she got hit four steps back, "How close can you get me?"

"A few feet from the front door," he turned back to the mirror and the picture of a snowy ground came into view, "Are you sure you don't want me to accompany you? At the very least to get you inside."

"I'll be fine, Alucard," she smiled at him, "I'll see you soon."

She gave him one last glance before turning to go through the mirror but was stopped by a hand on her wrist. Her eyes trailed from the hand all the way to Alucard.

"Yes," she raised a brow.

He walked closer to her and wrapped one arm around her waist with the other holding her right hand. Carefully he pressed his forehead against hers, "Can you promise me something?"

"Anything," she whispered.

The healer was afraid that if she spoke even slightly louder then the moment would be broken. A shattered hourglass with sands being blown away by the winds of an ill-timed shift in tone.