Chapter Eight

Creatures with detrimental claws and teeth as sharp as broken glass came over to the group

Trevor pulled out his whip, Alucard pulled out his sword, and Sypha readied her magic. 

The night creatures were quickly dealt with and the group was able to continue on their way. 

Y/N sighed as she watched the lifeless bodies of the creatures grow smaller as the wagon went up the road. She wished that she was able to help the others more. Yes, she was able to able to turn a creature's leg into ice, but that didn't amount to all the things that the rest of the group could do. 

Trevor skillfully handled his whip and quickly subdued his foes. 

Alucard used his speed, magic, and combat skills to handle the creatures. 

Sypha used her magic to burn and freeze the monsters. 

Each person had their own fighting style and handled the night creatures with an air of finesse. 

She had gone on this journey so she could find herself and get more powerful, so she wouldn't have to be vulnerable anymore. It didn't seem like she improved at all.

"Are you okay?" 

Y/N turned her head to look at her companion next to her, his golden eyes glowed in the night. 

"I'm fine," she gave him a fake smile and turned to look back at the passing view.

The two continued to sit in silence before Alucard broke it once more, "I didn't know that you had magic." 

"I don't know if I would call it magic," she remarked thoughtfully, "It's something that I was born with." 

"I don't hear many stories about people born with abilities," he thought aloud to himself, "How does it work?" 

"I touch an object and think about whatever I want to appear, and it happens," she smiled at him, "Care for a demonstration?" 

He matched her expression, "Surely." 

The healer scanned the area for an object. 

"Are you looking for something like this?" Alucard presented her with a jagged stone. 

She silently stared at the stone wondering when and where he got it, "...Yes."

Y/N grabbed the stone and looked at him with a barely contained smile, "What is something you've always wanted? Or something you're craving right now?"

His eyes widened, "I... I do not know. Nothing comes to mind."

"Okay," she leaned closed to him and examined his features. His eyes were sharp and focused. His hair was long and blonde and reminded her of sand on a picturesque beach. 

It was no secret that the half-vampire was beautiful and maybe she examined his features a little more than she needed to. 

The young woman nodded to herself before drawing back, "You seem like a guy who would like plums."