Chapter Three

The smells of grass and the gentle caress of the breeze soothed her

The smells of grass and the gentle caress of the breeze soothed her. It was a much better alternative to the bloody nightmare that was her old home. 

The young woman had turned a small tree into a horse and immediately started to embark on her journey. 

She smiled when a village came into her view. 

She stepped off her horse and picked up a piece of grass,  she cover the blade in her hands before opening them to reveal an apple.

"Here you go, Tree," she gave the apple to her horse who neighed in response. 

Yes, 'Tree' wasn't a very creative name but it meant something to her and that's all that mattered. 

More blades of grass were picked up and turned into gold coins before she got back on her horse and continued the ride to the village. She was hoping to find some food so she could move on to the next village that hopefully had a library. 

As soon as her horse crossed the threshold into the village she was met with curious stares. She dismounted Tree and started walking over to a fruit stall. 

The stall held delicious fruits some that were even unfamiliar to her, she dropped down her coins and picked up the foreign fruit. 

"This is a nice horse," a man spoke up, examing Tree. 

She gave him a brief nod, "Yes, she is," she placed her produce in a sack she created an hour prior, "I'm so lucky to have her." 

"I wonder how you came across such a beauty." 

She narrowed her eyes at him, "Luck," she said simply before she got on her horse and made her way out of the village. 

Y/N wondered what the man meant with his words. Was he implying that she stole the house? That she wasn't smart enough to get one herself?

She decided not to linger on the thought and continued on her journey. She was hoping to find a nice tree to sleep under. 

She couldn't stand walls and roofs more so after the incident that recently happen. 

A large tree greeted her. The tree was far from the road but it was in a small clearing, sturdy branches held inviting green leaves that provided wonderful shade. 

Her feet left the stirrups one at a time and she ran over to the tree. Her loyal horse followed her footsteps and laid down beside her.

The young woman pulled out the book Dracula had gifted her and she continued reading, she eventually saw the drawing once more. 

The picture was once again pulled closer to her face and she allowed her thoughts to wander. 

Where is the boy in the photo?

Was he running around the castle rampant?

Had he joined his mother in the afterlife?

She didn't know and she doubted that she would ever.