Chapter Thirty-Three

The moonlight flitted through the window

The young woman sat up from her rumpled sheets and walked to her bureau. Her head spun as she slipped a robe over her nude body before looking at the golden band on her ring finger. 

A married woman...

She chuckled to herself. 

She would never have expected to get married the way she did. And it was all because Hector got Stockholm syndrome. 

She huffed before walking to the sack she had brought with her to the castle. She rummaged through the bag before stumbling upon a rectangular object and a silky one, her brows furrowed. She didn't remember bringing any books with her. 

The large book came out of the bag with little difficulty. Her eyes widened, it was the book that Dracula had given her with a yellow ribbon in it. She opened the book to see one of Lisa's annotations. 

Had Alucard been reading this book?

She gently placed the book down beside the bag before rummaging through it some more. A hiss escaped her and she quickly drew her hand back to reveal the sight of blood. She reached her other hand into the bag slowly and pulled out a dagger, specifically the one that Trevor had gotten her. 

When was the last time she thought about the trio? 

How long had she been in the castle?

She grabbed a towel and wiped off the blood before sitting on the bed. 

The sweet scent of roses entered her nose.

What was she doing here? 

What was she doing at all?

She spent months trying to find Hector and trying to grow more independent, for what? 

A soft breath left her lips and she reclined in the bed before closing her eyes. 

There was a time when she couldn't imagine a life without Hector but for a year she had been living it. 

If Hector wanted to live the rest of his days in this castle she could care less. She survived without him and spent the first few weeks with him gone surviving without anybody.

There were people out there who loved her and... she loved them too. 

She sat up once more and stared at the golden band on her finger. She was tired of being jostled around by Hector's rash decisions. 

She walked over to the bureau and changed into a clean outfit. 

RUMBLE RUMBLE

She was thrown across the room by the force that was being exerted on the castle. 

Is that the other forgemaster?

She ran over to her sack and tossed in the book and dagger before putting on a pair of shoes. She needed to find that transportation mirror. If Hector wanted to die in the castle then so be it.