Chapter Thirty-Six

The smell of blood and sweat filled the air

The vampires were strong, stronger than any that Y/N had ever fought. Although she hadn't fought many vampires before.

The feeling of overpowering dread began creeping into her thoughts.

Where did such creatures come from?

Who was Saint Germain and how did he assemble such a talented group of fighters?

How did Sypha and Trevor meet such an unhinged man?

Before the trio could truly begin fighting the vampires another fire-breathing creature appeared. It was larger than the one before and spat fireballs as fast as lightning. Sypha created a barrier of ice and Y/N reinforced it with thick metal.

While they continued to distract the creature, Alucard turned into a wolf to flank the creature and Trevor sliced at it with his holy whip.

THUMP!

The creature's jaw fell to the ground and shook the floor. The firebreather groaned and attempted to release another fireball only to be stopped by Alucard who sliced the creature down the middle. The two halves of the creature fell before exploding once more into pink mush.

Labored breaths left the young woman but before she could take a moment to rest she spotted the vampires and night creatures ripping into the townspeople.

She took a deep breath before continuing on, the others following in her lead. She went to the dining room with Trevor while Sypha and Alucard prevented any more from coming into the room.

Trevor and she worked together in unison when she sliced a creature he was quick to follow up with the killing blow.

She fought with Trevor as if no time had passed. They moved in sync with their deadly dance.

A large creature stood in front of them and cornered a small family. She hastily stepped in and sliced the creature's arm, it barely flinched before retaliating and tossing her across the room. A scream was wrenched from her throat as her left shoulder slammed painfully into the wall.

The pain was incapacitating and caused her world to go white for a second.

Nevertheless, in her pursuit, the scared family was able to scurry away into the main foyer.

"You okay?" Trevor called from behind her in between his grunts of effort.

She groaned and pushed herself off the floor, "Yeah." Her fingers wrapped around her wounded shoulder and a light glow emanated from her hand.

The young woman quickly regained her balance and picked up her dagger. The creature was now hopping around on one leg, fighting like a cornered wolf.

She gripped her dagger and charged at the wounded creature, dodging its swipes and fanged mouth. The dagger sliced through the skin of the throat of the creature, leaving the monster to choke on its own blood. She stepped back when the creature flailed at her, the thing ultimately losing its balance and crumbling at her feet.

"Wow," Trevor chuckled and eyed the fallen creature before looking over at her, "Love the confidence. You didn't even need my help."

She rolled her eyes with a smile before sheathing her blade, "Let's get back to the others."

The two left the bloodied dining room and went back to the main foyer.

"We placed all the villagers into Dracula's study," Sypha said, "They'll be safe there."

She looked around, "What about the vampires?"

"They disappeared," Alucard frowned and tightened his grip on the hilt of his sword, "They're somewhere in the castle."

Sypha narrowed her eyes and looked around, "Why would they be hiding? There isn't any gain in a plan of hide-and-seek."

One of the creatures launched from the shadows and went straight for Sypha with a blade aimed at the woman's throat.

Trevor quickly countered the attack and the trio was immediately thrown back into combat.

Each vampire had a different skill set that Y/N had never seen before.

One could teleport with his ax.

The other vampire used wire as sharp as blades.

The last was insanely strong and left no room for weak spots.

A large armored one had sliced at her palms and cheek amidst the struggle. She fought back with calculated hits but none made a dent in his armor.

The others were caught up in their own battles. With Alucard and Trevor facing a teleporting man and Sypha battling against another magic user.

The vampires were stronger than any enemy Y/N had ever faced.

They weren't mindless night creatures or minor vampires.

Y/N was quickly pinned with her arms at her side. She hissed at the feeling of her cut palms rubbing against the ground.

Everyone on her team had succumbed to the power of the vampires.

Alucard had a stake pointed to his heart, Trevor lost one of his whips, and Sypha was caught up in the deadly strings.

She gritted her teeth before slowly raising her pinned arm against the firm push of the vampire on top of her. She grasped onto the vampire's arm before turning it into sand.

The creature exclaimed in a mix of surprise and pain, causing the rest of the vampires to turn their attention to them.

Trevor exploited the vampires' concern and confusion and threw his cross-knife at the creature detaining Sypha. A domino effect erupted with Sypha freeing Alucard and the group swiftly descended onto the vampires, changing the tide of the fight.

Alucard threw his sword at the teleporter's ax as the man began to teleport, swiftly cutting the man in two.

Sypha threw fire at the magic user and melted her wires before throwing the other woman onto a sharp icicle.

Trevor and she worked in tandem to chip at the creature's armor before the vampire hunter delivered the final blow.

She glared at the sight of her cut palms. She hastily healed them before returning to the rest of the group.

Sypha looked at the group, "Let's go upstairs and deal with Saint Germain."

She nodded with narrowed eyes, "Agreed."

After healing the group's wounds, she and the rest of the group went up the stairs to face the crazed alchemist.