The Corporeal Peregrination

Part I

Part I

The sunlight filtered into the large room. 

The vampire roused from her sleep at the feeling of the bright glow. She wiggled herself out underneath the hold of her partners before making her way down to the kitchen.

The past few months had been enjoyable. She, Sypha, and Alucard worked on expanding the town as Trevor was restricted to bed rest. 

The village was coming along nicely and everyone couldn't be more proud. 

She opened the cupboards and pulled out their stock of vegetables along with a cutting board.

Alucard, Trevor, Sypha, and herself had all acquired traumatizing nightmares from the events and she had often found herself ping-ponging between beds. She didn't remember who brought up the idea of all of them sharing one bed, but they began doing so and found a sweet harmony in it all.  

The young woman frowned as she took in their supply of eggs, she would need to go down to the village to pick some up from the townspeople. The idea wasn't too bad as it was good to stimulate their ever-growing economy.

Y/N was beginning to enjoy her new normal. Her heart no longer ached at the thought of Hector and she had made peace with her past. No longer did she keep all the windows fully open. She and the others grew closer over the building of the town, they were in that awkward spot of being more than friends but not quite lovers. 

It was a strange spot, however, Y/N was excited for the next chapter of her life. 

"You're up early," the low timber of Trevor's voice greeted her. 

She turned to look at the hunter from over her shoulder. The man was sporting a few bandages and a sling. 

The healer had done all she could when he stumbled across them, however, the condition of his injuries was unnatural and there wasn't much she could do. 

"And you're out of bed," she stated before returning to her task and conjuring a few eggs from their surplus of vegetables.

"I can't stay in there forever. Besides," he looked at one of his bandages before looking at her with a cocky grin, "I'm almost good as new." 

She eyed him with a fond smile before lighting the wood stove, "...Right. Anything you want me to look into?" 

He shook his head, "I don't want you straining yourself."

The young woman placed her ingredients in the cast iron pan before putting them into the oven. She walked over to the island in their kitchen and leaned against it, making eye contact with Trevor. 

She reached over and held his idle hand that was resting on the counter. "I will be fine, and even if I wasn't, for you a little bit of strain is nothing." She lifted their clasped hands and kissed his knuckles.