Chapter Six

Loud tremors rocked the catacombs

Y/N winced when a small piece of stone fell from the ceiling fell upon her head, "Sounds like there is a stampede out there." 

The old speaker looked up, "It does sound concerning." 

She picked up some pebbles and placed them in her bag, "I'm going up there," she threw her bag over her shoulder. 

"Are you sure?" he asked her with furrowed brows. 

"I'm positive," she briefly looked around at the other speakers before returning her gaze to the elder, "Make sure that your group stays down here. I don't want any unnecessary deaths."

She and the Speaker shared one glance before she was off. 

Y/N quickly made her way up the entrance they had found and went outside. 

It was utter chaos. 

She found a building and peered around it.

People screamed and ran while night creatures chased them and ripped through people like paper. 

A large one was targeting a small family. 

Y/N closed her eyes and focused on the ghastly creature, she listened to its growls and the sound of its claws dragging across the stone. 

She focused on its head, the blinking of its eyes. 

She imagined a loud stream flowing in a quiet forest, she thought about the cool touch of the rushing water on her fingers. 

Splash!

Y/N hastily opened her eyes to see the creature fall into a heap on the ground.

Its head was missing.

Her head throbbed and before long a dull ache had set in. She wasn't used to transforming objects from far away. 

When she wanted to transform an object she always held it in her hand.

She crept out of her hiding space in search of Trevor and Sypha.

Sypha had left the catacombs shortly after the speakers went in it. The woman claimed that she wasn't going to have other people fight her battles.

Y/N took care of the night creatures she came across and ushered families into safety.  

By the time she held a considerable amount of people, she could feel the veins in her head throbbing and pulsing.

Suddenly, a baritone voice stopped her in her tracks, "Y/N," it purred.   

Y/N turned around and looked at who or what called her. 

A black night creature with blue piercing eyes drew closer to her, "My master has been thinking about you." 

"Hector?" she questioned hopefully. 

"Yes," its multiple glowing eyes blinked at her, "He wishes you were by his side."

"He should have thought about that before creating monsters like you," she glared at the creature. 

Its lips pulled back to reveal a blue set of sharp fangs, the sight resembled a grotesque smile, "Monsters," it chuckled, "There seems to be many here without me. Bishops. Priest."

She narrowed her eyes at the creature, "What do you want?"   

Its glowing blue eyes focused on her as more rows of eyes were opened and exposed to her sight, "You." 

She took a step back and frowned, "That's too bad then." 

The creature lunged at her and she waved her hand in its direction.

A small section of its leg splashed on the ground. 

Her eyes widened, she had meant to turn the entire thing into water. 

"You're getting tired," it growled as it crept closer to her. 

"I'm fine," she refuted as she tried to kill the creature once more, her anxiety weighting as the monster came closer.

The creature took a deep breath before its smile returned, "I can smell your exhaustion, your anger, your fear."

Splash!  

It was only a torso now. 

"Y/N! Come here!" It snarled and crawled after her, its claws gripping at the stone. It bared its teeth and growled at her.

"Y/N!"

Splash!

Her hands clasped together on her chest, her lungs were greedy for air as she took in deep breaths. 

She could hear her heartbeat in her ears as her head felt like it was being split open. 

She wiped her eyes and stood up, only for her consciousness to escape her. 

The screams faded and her eyes shut.

🧭

"Ow!"

The healer rubbed at her sore side, "We need to stop standing on unstable ground," she groaned, "I don't know how many more falls I can take." 

After she eventually gained consciousness she quickly found Trevor and Sypha. The Speaker was dead set on searching the catacombs and Trevor and Y/N had no choice but to follow. 

Before she could recuperate from the untimely fall. The sound of turning gears entered her ears.

The trio was quickly thrown into a series of mechanical traps before they were met with a posh room containing a coffin.

"This escalated very quickly," she muttered to herself as she watched a vampire float out of the coffin.  

Her eyes widened when blonde hair came into her view, the man looked so familiar. 

Trevor immediately started to fight the blonde man, who she now realized was a vampire.

Y/N watched along with Sypha as the hunter and the vampire traded blows. Suddenly, Trevor was overthrown by the vampire, and Sypha stepped in. 

Threaten to set the vampire on fire if he didn't release Trevor.

The trio learned that the vampire is Alucard, who is Dracula's son and had been sleeping under Gresit to recuperate from his wounds after fighting his father. 

He asked Sypha to recite the rest of the legend. She said that the soldier will join forces with a vampire hunter, a scholar, and a healer. 

Trevor groaned, "I hate speakers..."