Chapter Two

The forgemaster struck the metal next to his subject, he watched with tired eyes as the body morphed into a nightmare creature

The forgemaster struck the metal next to his subject, he watched with tired eyes as the body morphed into a nightmare creature. It had been weeks since he heard from his most trusted friend. 

He felt guilty for leaving her alone at the small cabin they spent years together at. He couldn't shake the anger and resentment of all the humans that harmed them. Why must they suffer and their abusers get no repercussions? 

Now he would be able to remedy that situation. 

One day he hoped to return to the cabin, he didn't know how he would do so but he hoped he could find a way. 

Leaving Y/N behind was hard. They had spent so many years together building trust and a routine. Thinking back on it, he felt silly immediately hopping on the idea of revenge.

He sighed before raising the hammer above his head and striking down it once more.

🧭

The young woman glared at the men through the bars of her cage. The metal burned her finger every time she tried to transmute it, she could only attribute that fact with magic.  

The group hadn't gone far from her house, they were arguing amongst themselves on what to do with her. The youngest one was having doubts, from what she could gather he had joined the group because of his sister's sickness.

The rest were older and clearly joined because of greed. 

"I don't know about this," the youngest one spoke, "It doesn't feel right." 

The stranger placed a heavy hand on the young man's shoulder, "Your sister will die without the medicine," he turned to look at her, "What's a little discomfort compared to a life?"

The young man sighed before he walked away from the group.

Y/N smiled at the scene, this was good. She needed them to be divided so she could make her escape.

She would have to wait until she could get the young man alone. 

🧭

The sun had set as quickly as it had risen. She had been watching them, the way they interacted with each other, the way they worked by themselves, how they dealt with their anger. She studied them so when the time was right, she would be ready.

"Pst... Pst!" she called to the young man to get his attention. 

The group had gone to sleep and left him on watch. 

He furrowed his brows before walking over to her.

"What is your name?" she smiled at him, "My name is Y/N."

 He narrowed his eyes before he sat down in front of her, "Peter." 

"Peter," she repeated back to him before she placed her fingers on the bars and leaned closer to him, "Your friends aren't very nice, Peter," she frowned.