Chapter Fifteen

The healer and dhampir walked through the forest together, hands lightly brushing against each other

"Fresh fish will be a nice change," she remarked as the bucket of worms swung in her grip. 

Alucard nodded and adjusted the fishing pole on his shoulder, "I'm eager to see how you'll prepare it."

"You're in for a special surprise," they finally reached the stream, "I remember seeing a familiar cookbook in the library." 

"Familiar?" Alucard placed the bucket down. 

"It reminds me of the cookbook my father had when I was little," she placed the bucket down. 

She reached her hand out for the fishing pole and he gave it to her, "Have you been fishing often?" he asked her. 

Y/N placed the worm on the hook, "A few times, here and there. How about you?" 

"Here and there," he looked at the fishing pole, "I've never really needed to use a fishing pole though."

"Why is that?" 

Before she could blink, a wriggling fish appeared in the dhampir's hand. 

"Oh yes, vampire powers," she remembered with wide eyes, "If that's the case, then maybe you won't mind catching a few more. Right?" her eyes shone with a teasing glint. 

He chuckled, "You'll have me do all the work? There's no honor in that."

She sat down near the edge of the stream, "I see no honor in wasting time."     

He chuckled once more before going down to the stream to catch more fish, managing to catch three at a time in some cases. The healer watched jubilantly as the dhampir caught fish after fish. 

Y/N thought it was adorable how thrilled he seemed at catching fish, ever since the death of his father Alucard stopped smiling much and he certainly didn't seem to be having any fun. 

However, now a child-like innocence danced in his eyes as one of the seven fish he was carrying tumbled out of his arms and back into the stream. At some point, he had removed his shoes and got calf-deep into the water.

"I think that will be enough to last us a few weeks," she conjured a sack for the fish.

Alucard dropped the fish into the sack before a mischievous grin decorated his face, "Do you want to try your luck?" he motioned to the stream. 

She grinned and kicked off her shoes before stepping into the creek with Alucard, the hem of her dress skimming the surface of the water, "Okay, how do I do this?"   

"The fish will be swimming with the current and when they pass you try to grab one," he demonstrated by easily catching a fish. 

The young woman nodded to herself, "That doesn't seem too difficult."

𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧🧭On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara