The Corporeal Peregrination II

Part II(Final Part)

Part II
(Final Part)

The couple slowly walked into the large abode. It was an impressive architecture with high ceilings and vast windows—a castle in nearly every sense of the world. The floors were white granite which exacerbated the wealth of the home.

The healer had pushed the deal to an entire season's harvest of the Crocus flowers in exchange for her and Alucard's services. 

Not long after the new deal had been agreed upon the herbalist had told them to make themselves at home in his dwellings, except for a deep blue door across from the cellar. He said it was his lab, a delicate arrangement where he studied and practiced herbalism. 

She could feel the gaze of her lover burning into the side of her head, she spared him a look, "What?"  

"Don't you find this man suspicious?" he raised his brows, "He invited two strangers into his home and agreed to give us his entire harvest, simply if we act as his event planners. Not to mention how protective he was over his lab." 

She sighed and quickened her steps, "It is very suspicious, Alucard. But for one moment, I don't want to worry about such things. Besides, he's rich. Those such people are gullible and naive."

Of course, everything was suspicious but when hadn't it been? Alucard had been suspicious of the villagers from Danesti originally and they turned out to be fine people. 

"I wouldn't be too sure," he said. 

She stopped walking and turned to look him in the eye, "Alucard, for once let's not look the gift horse in its mouth. When have we ever gotten the luxury of obtaining something without violence?" 

"I'll keep an air of caution for the both of us then."

The couple silently stared at each other. 

The young woman could understand why Alucard moved with an air of caution, however, she was so tired of looking over her shoulder. She had been doing so for nearly her entire life. 

A pang in the pit of her stomach caused her to lose the staring contest, her gaze falling to the shiny floors.

"Y/N?" she felt a palm on her shoulder.

She quickly straightened herself up, "I'm fine. Just a little tired from the travel." 

As a result of the lack of blood in her system, she began to experience the emergence of her innate primal impulses. It was tiring, holding back her bloodlust daily. 

His gaze pierced through her, "You need to feed." 

"I understand," the woman exhaled with a solemn countenance. "I sense the insidious nature of this affliction slowly corroding my being."

The tall blonde held his hand out to his companion, she placed her hand in his and allowed him to lead her to their temporary lodgings. 

🧭