Chapter Nineteen

The sun beamed down on the group as they advanced deeper into the forest

The sun beamed down on the group as they advanced deeper into the forest. The healer had decided to go with Alucard and his pupils on one of their training outings. 

She and Taka hadn't talked about that night and the tension between them had died down. She was relieved that he hadn't brought the night up because she couldn't bear the awkwardness.  

Alucard had seemingly gone back to normal and they also didn't talk about his sudden departure that night. 

Everything seemed to continue as usual. 

Y/N huffed when the group finally got to the training spot. The training spot was simply a sizeable flattened part of a hill a couple of yards away from the castle. The climb up the hill was unbearable and she made sure to sit as soon as she got the chance. 

"Tired already?" Alucard teased as he grabbed a wooden sword. 

She rolled her eyes with a small grin, "Oh, shut it." 

Sumi and Taka grabbed their wooden swords and got into their stances. She watched on as the group traded blows, reading a book about Styria in between glancing up at the view. 

"Y/N, do you want to try?"

She looked up to see Sumi handing her a wooden pole. The healer shook her head, "No, thank you. I haven't picked up a sword in ages." 

"All the more reason to sharpen your skills," Taka chimed in. 

Y/N looked over to Alucard to find him nodding in agreement, "I don't see the harm in sparring." 

She chuckled and sat down her book, "The three of you will surely be the death of me." 

Her fingers wrapped around the base of the wooden pole, taking it from the other woman. 

Y/N and Alucard had sparred a lot together during their time in the castle and she had improved a lot since her impromptu lesson with Trevor in the Belmont Hold. 

She smiled at her opponent, "Well, a little practice never hurt anybody."

🧭

After a few hours of training, Alucard decided that it was finally time to introduce Sumi and Taka to the Belmont Hold. 

Alucard had crafted an elevator to replace the broken stairs. 

"Wow, this place is huge," Taka said with wide eyes. 

"The Belmont Hold contains all the history from the Belmont lineage and what they've learned over the centuries," Alucard explained as the elevator slowly lowered them down the hold. 

"All of their history is contained here?" Sumi questioned as she looked around.

"Everything," Y/N remarked with a smile, "It's very interesting and commendable when you think about it. Dedicating your life to discovery to help the later generations. Not to mention how far back all this information goes."