Prologue

The warm sun kissed her skin as it rose to greet the day

The warm sun kissed her skin as it rose to greet the day. The young woman groaned before she turned away from the blazing sphere. 

Unfortunately, the sun wasn't the only thing trying to sabotage her sleep. 

Bark! Bark!  

A small smile crept on her face at the familiar sound. She slowly sat up from her cot and wiped the sleep from her eyes before looking at the endearing scene in front of her. 

The one-ear German Sheperd ran around with a stick in its mouth. Its light-haired owner watched with a sincere smile on his face.   

Y/N stretched before standing up and walking over to the sheer curtains that shielded her from the outside. She gently moved the curtains before walking over to the man in question. The young man smiled, "How long have you been awake?"

He continued to watch the over-excited canine, "Not long," he turned and looked at her with concern, "I hope I didn't wake you."

"You did," she turned away from him to look at the adorable dog, Simon, "It wasn't a rude awakening though." 

She leaned down and plucked a few blades of grass. She blew on the blades turning them into raw pieces of meat.

"Come here, boy!" she called to the dog. Simon barked before running to her happily, the dog waggy its tail happily as it sat down in front of her. She held out her hand and watched as the dog delicately took the pieces of meat. 

She stood up and wiped her hands on her pants.

"Well, we're both awake and the garden needs tending." the young woman looked over at her companion with a smile, "What do you say, Hector? Do you want to help me in the garden?"

"I don't see why not." 

They both started to walk over to the modest fenced-in garden, it wasn't much but it was enough for the two of them.  

"How was your trip into the town?" she asked quietly. 

He turned away from her, "It was uneventful," he replied, "Nothing important happened." 

She narrowed her at Hector, "Okay." 

She was almost positive something did happen, but she also knew that Hector was stubborn and hated worrying her. She could only hope that he would reveal the truth to her sooner than later.   

He opened the fenced gate for her and she stepped into the garden. Y/N picked up the watering can and got to work. 

Hector picked up the compost bag and started dumping it onto some of the crops.

She traced the edges of one of the leaves, "I don't know why you don't just let me make food for us," she plucked the leaf and swiftly transformed it into an apple. She placed down the watering can and offered it to him.