𝟑𝟏. 𝐅𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

𝟑𝟏. 𝐅𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞

 𝐅𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞

________________________

     "STEVE?" Robin laughed from the back seat of the car as she opened the door to step outside.

     "Yeah?"

     "You put your mom down as a reference?" She questioned, brows furrowing as she looked down at his resume that was sitting in her hands.

     Lorelei gasped, her lips tugging up into a grin before she darted towards the Buckley girl and ripped the paper from her hands. "Oh my god!" She laughed. "There's no way... Steve!"

     "What?" he shrugged as he placed the car keys in the back pocket of his jeans. "Why not? She's like super well respected."

     "You are such a dingus," Robin laughed. 

     "What-" Steve furrowed his brows as he watched Robin walk into the store. He then turned to Lorelei, the same bewildered expression on his face before he reached his hand forward, inviting her towards him.

     With a shake of the head, Lorelei walked towards him and handed him his resume, the corner of her eyes crinkling with affection. He automatically grabbed hold of her hand, their palms pressing together and warmth encasing them. They both smiled like lovesick fools at the feeling of walking through the streets hand in hand - finally, a couple.

     Ever since three months ago when the Starcourt accident occurred, Steve and Lorelei had been attached to the hip. They had tried to take it slow, and it had worked well in their favor. It started innocently enough, with dates to Enzo's and stargazing sessions near Lovers Lake. And that had been amazing - it was like they had the chance to get to know each other all over again, but different from other new couples, they had a cheat sheet.

     They had spent a while without giving themselves any labels, and instead, just letting time take its course. After a night of driving around town aimlessly - with Steve having woken Lorelei up by throwing pebbles at her window, a common tradition at this point - things had started to become more serious.

     Lorelei still remembered it like it was yesterday when in reality, it had been nearly two months ago. She had rolled the windows down, and they were driving down empty streets at two in the morning while listening to Queen and singing at the top of their lungs - a real nuisance. For a moment, Lorelei and Steve both felt like stupid teenagers again. It seemed like as he drove, all the heartaches, the monsters, and the near-death experiences that no one should have to endure slipped away like dandelions in the wind. 

     By the time they had driven back to their homes, neither Steve nor Lorelei wanted to part ways. Luckily for them, David Keller was on a business trip - and so, Steve was invited inside. Just like their relationship, the invite was purely based on innocence. They were just in the phase of their relationship where being apart seemed like the worst thing in the world - even for Lorelei, who was partially disgusted by how affectionate she was around him, though she wouldn't change it for the world.