𝟎𝟐. 𝐆𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐧 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

𝟎𝟐. 𝐆𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐧 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥

 𝐆𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐧 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥

________________________

  THE SOUND OF THE ALARM woke Lorelei up that morning at 7:00 on the dot. Although the sound pierced her ears, urging her to awaken, she simply rolled onto her other side. The alarm seemed to have other plans as it persisted, forcing her to repeatedly hit it with her hand until it finally shut off and gave her some peace of mind.

  "Lorelei! Breakfast is ready!"

  Alright, maybe peace of mind was unattainable at the present moment.

  "Lorelei!" her father yelled once more.

  "I'm coming!" she shouted quickly, her eyes rolling slightly "jeez.

  As quickly as she could, Lorelei got herself dressed, and although her outfit would never have been the first choice, she was eager for breakfast and her clothes were still in boxes, making it hard to be picky. Still, she made sure that her trusty leather jacket was grabbed from the pile, and she slung it over her shoulders, instantly feeling confident. It took her a few minutes to brush her hair, her teeth, and do her makeup, but once she was done, Lorelei headed downstairs to see that David Keller was holding a coffee mug in one hand and the day's newspaper on the other.

  "Is there even news in this place?" she grumbled as she walked past him to grab coffee for herself "let me guess, some old lady's cat got stuck in a tree?"

  "That was yesterday's news," David joked, which made Lorelei chuckle under her breath, grateful that her father shared her questionable sense of humor.

  "I thought you said breakfast was ready?" she questioned, her brows furrowing.

  "It is," he nodded, not taking his eyes away from the morning paper.

  "O-kay," she dragged out, her head snapping in all directions "where is it then?"

  "You're drinking it," he smiled, raising his mug at her in the air.

  "Huh?" she furrowed her brows.

  "Sorry Lor, but seeing as we got here yesterday, I haven't had time to go shopping for breakfast foods just yet," he sucked in a small breath, eyes looking apologetic.

  Lorelei nodded her head slowly, her hand coming up to her stomach with a frown on her lips. She had barely woken up and something had already gone wrong. Still, there was no use in arguing, so Lorelei just came to the sure conclusion that she would simply have to stop by somewhere to grab something to eat before class.

  As she grabbed her school bag, her hands immediately reached for the walkman inside of it, and Lorelei wasted no time as she placed the headphones over her hand and clicked play on her favorite mixtape. With the sound of the loud music drowning out her ears, she did not hear her father calling for her and simply began walking out the door.