𝟏𝟑. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐢𝐫 𝐕𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

𝟏𝟑. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐢𝐫 𝐕𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬

 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐢𝐫 𝐕𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬

________________________

  THE NEXT DAY, PLANS WERE MADE. Or at least, they were in the process of being hatched. Turns out that planning to invade a heavily fortified Russian base was a little bit more complicated than it seemed to be in the movies - who would have known?

  Lorelei had received a call late a night from Stella, and the girl had informed her that they had gone over to the Holloway's house only to see that Heather was apparently fine and dining with her parents - and Billy. 

  The news had been great, at least superficially, for it had given Lorelei the freedom to focus sorely on the Russians. But on another hand, she still thought the whole thing was a bit bizarre, and Estella had commented that Eleven felt the same way. Deciding not to stress her head over even more circumstances, Lorelei brushed her slight suspicion under the rug.

  She just hoped it would not come back to haunt her later.

  But for the present time, she stared at Steve and Dustin as they discussed the stupidest ideas as to how they could break into the top-secret Russian base - or in other words, the small loading dock room that held the boxes with all the answers they were searching for.

  Dustin had previously spent a long part of his morning watching the guards at said loading dock door through his binoculars. And the news he had come back with was honestly nothing unlike what Lorelei had expected - but she still nodded her head in understanding.

  "The keycard opens the door - but unfortunately the Russian with this keycard also has a massive gun," Dustin explained.

  "Well, what did you expect, Frizzy?" Lorelei questioned, her painted fingernails tapping against the table. "If there really is some top-secret shit going on, obviously they would want to guard it."

  "Yeah - whatever's in this room, whatever's in these boxes... they really don't want anybody finding it," Dustin nodded.

  "But there's gotta be a way in," Robin spoke contemplatively.

  Steve sighed under his breath as he blew some air into his ridiculous sailor's hat. He leaned forwards on his elbows, and his eyes stared seriously towards the three. "Well, you know..." he began speaking. "I could just take him out."