𝟎𝟑. 𝐋𝐨𝐫𝐚'𝐬 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

𝟎𝟑. 𝐋𝐨𝐫𝐚'𝐬 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

 𝐋𝐨𝐫𝐚'𝐬 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

________________________

  LORELEI WAS QUIETLY STRUMMING HER GUITAR when the sound of her father's car entering the garage halted her peaceful playing. She placed the instrument down atop her bed and folded the music sheet before standing up and brushing her hands off. Upon contact with her light-wash jeans, her fingers stung lightly, and she lifted her right hand to her face to see that the tips of her fingers were scarred from the guitar strings.

  She winced slightly as her left pointer finger ran over each individual finger on her left hand. She had always had these scars on her hands from playing; but ever since her mother had left her, Lorelei had turned to the instrument more and more, which caused her to acquire even more scarring on her hand. Still, she supposed it added personality - just one more story to tell, right?

  "Lorelei!" her father yelled from downstairs as he shut the front door behind him "come down here!"

  Lorelei quickly obeyed her father and she headed out of her room, her steps sounding across the carpeted floor as she walked towards the stairs. She saw that he was standing near the staircase, a small piece of paper in his hands and a look she could not read. For a moment, she wondered if she was in trouble, but then she remembered they were in Hawkins, and there was no possible way anyone could get into trouble there.

  "Yes?" she asked, leaning her body on the wall and crossing one ankle behind the other.

  "How was school?" he asked her, though she could tell that wasn't what he actually needed to say.

  "Uneventful," she shrugged "everybody looked at me - I talked to only a few people. I don't suppose that I'll be named Prom Queen any time soon."

  He nodded his head innocently, and his eyes strayed down to the floor. Based on the way he was avoiding eye contact, Lorelei was quick to infer that he was about to tell her something that would be ill-received. 

  Her day had already been considerably shit, and there were very few things he could say to her that would cheer her up. Therefore, the probability that what David Keller was about to say would piss her off was quite high.

  "You wanted to ask me something?" she dragged out, her brows raising slightly.

  "Well, I can tell that you're not really enjoying this place so far-"

  "No shit." Lorelei scoffed.

  "And I was thinking of ways that you could maybe meet more people around here-"