𝟎𝟓. 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐆𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐭-𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐝

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

𝟎𝟓. 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐆𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐭-𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐝

 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐆𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐭-𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐝

________________________

  MAYBE GOING TO A PARTY WAS A BAD IDEA. Lorelei was on edge, she hated nearly everyone in the damn town, and truth be told, she had never been the party type. Maybe it was a bad idea, but after the weeks she had, Lorelei wanted nothing more than to get absolutely shit-faced, or sheet-faced if you will, and forget about all her troubles. Even if it would result in a mind-numbing headache, it was better than sitting up and worrying all night.

  So she had pieced together the quickest costume she could possibly muster in the span of thirty minutes. Turns out that a black top, knee-high boots, and a short skirt made for a pretty convincing 'I'm with the band' costume when paired with a leather jacket. Either way, it wasn't as if Lorelei cared much about what her costume looked like. She just wanted to be a stupid teenager for one night.

  Descending down the stairs, her slightly curled hair bounced behind her, tickling her exposed back and making her shudder. David was sitting on the kitchen counter, a book opened next to him as he jotted something down on a piece of paper, his writing clumsy and his mannerisms seeming off.

  "I'm going out," she spoke up, her hand holding the clasp of her purse tightly.

  "You? Going out?" her father asked, his brows knitted in confusion.

  Lorelei dug into her purse and pulled out the orange flyer for Tina's party, glancing at it with a scowl before she handed it over to her father. His eyes ran over the paper before a laugh tumbled from his lips and he gave her back the flyer in amusement.

  "Don't take this personally, but I think you aren't going to last ten minutes," David Keller scoffed jokingly, his shoulder bumping into hers as he moved to grab a beer from the fridge.

  "Is that a challenge, dad?" Lorelei grinned.

  "Not at all, Lor - I just don't think it's your scene," he shrugged, leaning against the counter and taking a gulp of his drink.

  "You're the one who said I needed to meet new people," Lorelei spoke over her shoulder as she neared the door "I'll be home in a few hours."

  "Knock yourself out," he yelled behind her. It may have been irresponsible of David Keller to instigate this behavior, but after everything Lorelei had been through, he truly believed that some fun would do her good. 

  The moon was out that night, something that Lorelei noticed in passing as she rode her bike to the location of the party. It was creating a white glow on the otherwise pitch-black night, and with the few stars littering the sky, she was almost tempted to just pull the bicycle over, sit on the grass and forget all about the stupid party. The party that she wasn't even sure she wanted to go to in the first place.