𝟐𝟐. 𝐀𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

𝟐𝟐. 𝐀𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧

 𝐀𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧

________________________

  "GIVE ME THE MAP," Steve asked again as he trailed behind Lorelei like a lost puppy.

  "No," she replied again, not even glancing his way.

  "We're going to get lost," he sighed.

  "Are you presuming that I can't read a map?" Lorelei paused in her tracks and lifted her brows at him through the goggles.

  "No-" he began.

  "Good," Lorelei grinned. "So follow me, Harrington."

  Steve huffed under his breath but complied nonetheless. As they walked, he made sure to keep a steady pace next to her, and his eyes glanced over at the map every now and then to ensure that they were going in the right direction. 

  The kids were walking a step behind them, with Mike holding the gasoline in his hands securely. It was safe to say that everyone was quite on edge, but they were each holding their own, and little to no words were spoken besides Lorelei's directions and Steve's shouts of encouragement for the kids to walk faster.

  "God," Lucas mumbled to himself as they came to a large area that led into many tunnels.

  The flashlights illuminated every little creek in the walls surrounding them, and Lorelei tried to refrain from looking over at the slimy little vines that moved around as they walked. 

  "What is this place?" Max wondered.

  "Guys, come on." Steve urged, his hand tugging Lorelei along by the arm. "Let's keep moving."

  Lorelei shook off the little trance she had found herself in and focused down on the map once more. The flashlight in Steve's hand lit up the map for her, allowing better vision as she tried to see through the impenetrable darkness.

  As she walked, she winced at the sound and feel of her feet crushing the vines beneath her. All she knew was that she wanted to get out of that place as quickly as possible, take a warm shower, and at least attempt to sleep off the events of the week - though she doubted sleep would be her friend for quite some time.