𝟎𝟏. 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐀𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐌𝐞

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

𝟎𝟏. 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐀𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐌𝐞

 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐀𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐌𝐞

________________________

  "SHIT! SHIT!" Lorelei cursed as she sped down the streets. Her hands were grasping the bicycle firmly as she pedaled as fast as she could towards her destination.

  She was late.

  Very late, in fact.

  It seemed as though everything that could have gone wrong that evening, did in fact go wrong. She had been working on learning a new song on her guitar when she noticed that the clock in her bedroom was wrong by a whole hour. This meant that she could no longer prepare herself like she wanted to, resulting in her putting on the first outfit she saw and dashing out the door. 

  As she pedaled down the street that she knew was a shortcut, Lorelei had realized that it was closed off due to reparations - yet another thing that went wrong. 

  Still, she persevered, and she swore that she had never rushed so much only to end up in Hawkins High School. But it was an important day - and arriving as a panting mess was worth it if it meant she could support her friend.

  Time had passed since the encounter with the demo dogs. Winter had turned to spring, and spring had morphed into summer. Lorelei didn't know how it could have gone by so fast, she had partially expected that after everything with the upside-down - that things would have felt too slow now that they were normal.

  But that wasn't the case - quite the opposite actually. 

  She had started to become more comfortable with the people of Hawkins, and soon enough, the very people she had once vowed to never even talk to had become some of the most important people in her life.

  Lorelei really didn't know what had hit her, but she was laughing more each day. Turns out that fighting off demons helped forge amazing friendships and bonds - who would have guessed, right?

  The kids had turned out to be pretty great company - even Mike. Whenever she 'babysat' them, Lorelei was sure that she would be in for a lot of fun. But then again, they were older now - fourteen to be exact, and they no longer needed an official babysitter. It had wounded her at first, but it was amazing just how much time she had on her hands now that she didn't need to take care of a bunch of kids all the time - sorry, not kids; not anymore.