𝟏𝟗. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐲 𝐋𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐏𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐀𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐲

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

𝟏𝟗. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐲 𝐋𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐏𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐀𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐲

 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐲 𝐋𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐏𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐀𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐲

________________________

     IT FELT LIKE EVERYTHING WAS IN SLOW MOTION.

     Lorelei was crawling after Dustin and Erica, the three of them in complete silence as they moved as quickly as they could. She could only follow along as her mind wandered to the worst parts of her imagination.

     She could not even comprehend what was happening with Steve and Robin at that moment. And it felt selfish. It felt selfish that she was walking away while both her friends were captured by people who would surely show them no mercy.

     By now, Steve would probably have calmed her down if he was there. He would have told her that it was okay, that they were going to be just fine - and then proceeded to make a stupid joke that would cause her to hit his arm and attempt to hide the fact that she had actually found it funny.

     If Steve were here, everything would be better. 

     But he wasn't. And that was the problem.

     Lorelei did not know if she would ever see him again - and no thought scared her more than that. She did not know when her relationship with Steve had taken such a turn. When she had stopped seeing Steve as her neighbor whom she just happened to fight monsters with, to her friend - and now, to this person that she could not imagine herself without.

     It was honestly all too confusing. And at the moment, the last thing that she wanted was to think about her complicated feelings for him. As of right now, all Lorelei needed was to first, try to calm the actual fuck down - and second, get Steve and Robin out of the grasp of whatever Russian general was probably torturing them.

     She had been so stuck in her thoughts and plans that Lorelei did not even process the fact that they had come to a dead end until Dustin stopped in front of her. It seemed as though the world was very much against the trio as they came face to face with a ventilator fan that was spinning quickly and hindering any safe passage. 

     "Anyone know how to stop it?" Lorelei spoke up for what felt like the first time in ages. Her hand went up to wipe at the remainder of the tears that had stained her cheeks, not wanting to be seen in any kind of fragile state in front of Dustin and Erica.

     "Don't look at me- Dustin is the one that went to nerd camp over the summer," Erica shrugged as she pulled her My Little Pony backpack off of her back.

     "It was not nerd camp," Dustin rolled his eyes. "It was a camp for intellectuals- inventors, if you will."

     Erica held in a laugh that stemmed from the back of her throat. "Right. Nerds."