𝟎𝟔. 𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

𝟎𝟔. 𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬

 𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬

________________________

  THE STREETS WERE SILENT as Lorelei arrived home at half past midnight on Halloween night. She steps were clumsy and her demeanor closed off as she waddled over to her front door as quietly as she possibly could. The drinks that she had consumed at the party had slowly melted away from the initial intoxicating feeling - and now all she felt was the emptiness that came after the desired effects of alcohol left.

  She opened the door to her house carefully, not wishing to make any noise that would disrupt her fathers sleep. No matter how much he tried to hide it, Lorelei could tell that something was worrying her father - she just did not know what it was. The door shut behind her and she reached down to remove the boots from her feet, leaving only socks around them as she walked up the stairs and into her bedroom.

  The moment she shut the door of her bedroom behind her, Lorelei immediately leaned up against it and breathed out a deep sigh. She placed the boots down on the floor and a deep yawn erupted from within her chest, her eyes closing as she realized just how exhausted she was. Turns out that going to this party might have been a detrimental factor to her sleep schedule - who would have thought?

  After another moment of silence, Lorelei walked over to her bed, not even willing herself to remove her clothes or makeup. She just needed to rest her head for a few minutes whilst she waited for the room to stop spinning. Just a few minutes.

  Turns out that a "few minutes" took a little longer than expected as she looked up at the ceiling with wide eyes. It felt as though she was floating in the middle of the ocean, lost at sea, as the the room twisted and spun right before her eyes. One of the oh-so amazing after effects of drinking all your troubles away - the feeling that you're floating away from them.

  A loud noise from outside snapped her out of the drunken daze she had found herself in and Lorelei groaned under her breath before she lifted her body up from the bed and marched over to the window. Who on earth was the absolute dipshit that was making noise at nearly one in the damn morning? While Lorelei was trying to avoid a catastrophic headache, no less.

  She pried open her curtains and what she saw was of no surprise to her. Steve Harrington. Of course - of course he had to be the absolute dipshit that was disrupting her rest. She was about to open the window, curse him out and close it once more when she noticed just how upset he was. Even from far away, Lorelei could tell that the look on his face was one that could only be described as pure heartbreak.