𝟏𝟒. 𝐍𝐨 𝐀𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐄𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

𝟏𝟒. 𝐍𝐨 𝐀𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐄𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚

 𝐍𝐨 𝐀𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐄𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚

________________________

  "YEAH, I DON'T KNOW," Erica shook her head as she descended the ladder.

  "You don't know if you can fit?" Dustin asked.

  "Oh, I can fit," Erica assured. "I just don't know if I want to."

  "Are you claustrophobic?" Robin questioned.

  "I don't have phobias," Erica snickered.

  Lorelei raised her brows in surprise at the girl's attitude. She craned her neck up to look at Steve, and his face was showing utter annoyance.

  "Okay, well, what's the problem?" he questioned.

  "The problem is, I still haven't heard what's in this for Erica," she clarified.

  Lorelei hummed under her breath. "She has a point," she whispered to Steve - who looked to be at his breaking point with the Sinclair girl.

  "Well?" Erica raised her brows, her hands placed on her hips.

  "Um- Erica?" Lorelei stepped forwards. "I respect you.

  "You do?" the child raised a brow.

  "Of course- it's only natural that you would have doubts about doing this," Lorelei shrugged. "There are always ways we can repay you for your um- contribution."

  "I'm listening," Erica crossed her arms over her chest.

  Lorelei chuckled nervously under the intense glare that this young child was giving her. "Maybe you would reconsider doing us this favor if you have some time to mull it over whilst enjoying some ice cream? Our treat."

  "I don't do favors," Erica raised her finger. "But I will accept the ice cream."

  Lorelei opened her mouth to discuss further, but the girls had already brushed past her and walked over to the rest of the store. As Erica sat at the largest booth at SCOOPS AHOY, Lorelei turned to Steve, who seemed to be very unhappy.

  "This ice cream comes out of my pay," he grumbled. "You do realize this?"

  "Less, complaining - more scooping, sailor," Lorelei winked as she brushed past him and headed towards the booth where Erica was situated.